X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Monday)

Daily Bible Portion - 2 of 7
    "AND HE DEPARTED"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 28:10-32:3, Hosea 11:7-12:12, John 1:43-51)

Under Covenant terms Yahweh must fulfill His side of the promise. Understanding this when we walk obediently to the Gospel will bring us rest in Him for our food and clothing, and our very sustenance just as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob believed.

1 Corinthians 3:10-17 “According to the grace [Gospel] of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, [the principles of the Kingdom or] wood, hay, straw [personal preference], each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”

1 Corinthians 10:3-4 “They all ate the same spiritual food; and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Yeshua.”

The Ladder

With heaven opened up before Jacob, he saw Yahweh standing above the spiritual ladder. Yahweh spoke to Jacob saying,

“I am Yahweh the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you” (Genesis 28:13-15).

When Jacob awoke he said,

“Surely Yahweh is in this place, and I did not know it. How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of Yahweh, and this is the gate of heaven!”(Genesis 28:16-17)

The Hebrew word for ladder Strong’s H5551 cullam סֻלָּםfrom the rootH5549 calal סָלַל meaning to cause to return, to cast up, to return to the upright way (to the highway of holiness).

Calal is very similar to the Hebrew word for bride Strong’s H3618 כַּלָּה kallah, from the root word H3639 kalal כָּלַל meaning to complete, perfect, make complete, make perfect. The place Jacob came to was the place of betrothal. When we lay our lives down as an offering and enter into covenant, we too surrender our self-rights and ownership of self to enter into life with Yahweh just as Jacob did. Presently a bride at her marriage gives up her maiden name in favor of her husband’s name (name means authority, position, character and strength). All that he owns is now opened before his bride. In the picture of the ladder Jacob saw heaven open before him and all of Yeshua’s Sovereignty from the beginning/Genesis/Aleph to the end/Revelation/Tov. He also saw and acknowledged the walk – the highway of holiness. This view of Yahweh’s Kingdom was Jacob’s eternal inheritance and inheritance to all of his future generations – the Israelites - and to those who sojourn with his God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Seeing the ladder and the messengers, Jacob was given a rare glimpse into the heart of Yahweh. Yahweh confirmed the blessing of the firstborn upon Jacob and confirmed the Covenant of Abraham upon him.

Genesis 28:13-14 “And behold, Yahweh stood above it and said: ‘I am the LORD God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Yahweh also added:

“Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you” (Genesis 28:15).

Jacob had been through so much; he needed to hear from Yahweh. Receiving these words of affirmation and confirmation built the confidence in him that he was on the right path. This vision established his purpose and also gave him insight into the journey ahead of him. Upon hearing these words Jacob gave a great sigh of relief. He acknowledged with all his heart, his love for Yahweh. He knew that the keys of heaven had successfully been passed on to Yahweh’s choice for firstborn, Jacob.

“Surely Yahweh is in this place, and I did not know it.” And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!” (Genesis 28:16-17).

This place, the gate of Heaven, Jacob named,

“And he called the name of that place Beth- El [the House of God]; but the name of that city had been Luz [also known as Jerusalem] previously” (Genesis 28:19).

The Stone – The Gospel of Yeshua

The Hebrew word for stone is Strong’s H68 eben אֶבֶן,(see avatar) which means precious stone, and comes from the root word Strong’s H1129 banah בָּנָה to build, rebuild, establish, cause to continue, establish a family, established of restored exiles. In scripture,

•Stone is the title for Yahweh (Genesis 49:24).

•Stone is also the title of the Messiah (Isaiah 28:16).

•Stone equates to rock and is also a title for Yeshua; He is the Rock that gives Life (1 Corinthians 10:4).

•Stone is a reference to the Scripture, the Word – the Gospel of Yeshua(Colossians 1:23).

•As the children of Israel were taken out of Egypt and led into the wilderness, the Stone provided “living water.”

•The Word of Yahweh was written on stone tablets. The Messiah is the carrier and embodiment of this Word.

•Yahweh’s Word is the foundation we are to build our lives upon.

•This Stone (Messiah, the carrier of Yahweh’s Word/the Torah) the builders (called shepherds, pastors, teachers and rabbis) rejected.

•It was this rejected person Yeshua, the embodiment of the Word that became the precious capstone or corner stone.

•The Stone or Word (Yeshua) causes men to stumble and makes them fall because the Word/Yeshua shows up the condition of man’s hearts and rebellious ways (Genesis 49:24; Isaiah 28:16; 1 Corinthians 10:4; 2 Corinthians 3:3; Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2: 6-8).

•The Stone is the Gospel.

2 John 1:6 “This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning [Genesis 1:1], you should walk in it [meaning the Gospel].” (Colossians 1: 21-23, Galatians 3:8).

1 Peter 2: 6-8 “Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, ‘Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.’ Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, ‘The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone,’ and ‘A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense.’ They stumble, being disobedient to the word [the Gospel], to which they also were appointed” (Isaiah 28:16; Romans 9:33; 1 Corinthians 3:11; Isaiah 8:14; Ephesians 2:20; Mark 12:10; Luke 20:17; 2 Timothy 2:19).

Matthew 16:18-19 “Jesus/Yeshua answered and said to him, ‘Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah [Peter], for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock [Yeshua/The Word] I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [the Gospel], and whatever you bind on earth [Olam Hazeh] will be bound in heaven [Olam Haba], and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.’”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X