HF battery chain & pole saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's a love or hate deal with Harbor Freight, but I want a battery powered chainsaw and possibly a pole saw to keep in my mule. Curious if anyone has one or both. I'm leaning towards the Lynxx brand. It gets really good reviews, but...most of the HF stuff does so I don't rely on them too much. I have a good Stihl for cutting firewood and big jobs. But like the idea of a lightweight saw, no gas can to haul around, etc. Any experience with these? Thanks.

Antler Collector has the Lynxx pole saw and likes it. Honestly unless you just want another chainsaw, I'd just get the pole saw. I have the Green Works brand and with the extension taken off, I used that 5' deal for everything I used to use a chainsaw for except big stuff or cutting firewood......and I use my Stihl there. I'm like a tree trimming samurai with that thing. To heck with bending over and getting down inside the tree to the trunk. I let the pole do that. We trimmed all our ranch roads with them. Chainsaw never came out and we cut down some sizable oak limbs throughout the day

Comment

I bought the Lynx pole saw and it has been very good so far. Oregon bar and chain so it's good quality. Battery life is excellent. I used it trimming some limbs on some atv trails and it worked great. Not sure on the chain saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Antler Collector has the Lynxx pole saw and likes it. Honestly unless you just want another chainsaw, I'd just get the pole saw. I have the Green Works brand and with the extension taken off, I used that 5' deal for everything I used to use a chainsaw for except big stuff or cutting firewood......and I use my Stihl there. I'm like a tree trimming samurai with that thing. To heck with bending over and getting down inside the tree to the trunk. I let the pole do that. We trimmed all our ranch roads with them. Chainsaw never came out and we cut down some sizable oak limbs throughout the day
        You make a good point. For what I want it for the pole saw would probably be better. Trimming shooting lanes, lease roads, etc. The only negative is the size, carrying it around in the mule. But I could probably find a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
          I bought the Lynx pole saw and it has been very good so far. Oregon bar and chain so it's good quality. Battery life is excellent. I used it trimming some limbs on some atv trails and it worked great. Not sure on the chain saw.
          Thanks.

Comment

We just cleared out a bunch of bushes, limbs thistle and briars with a Ryobi pole saw. It was legit.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
              You make a good point. For what I want it for the pole saw would probably be better. Trimming shooting lanes, lease roads, etc. The only negative is the size, carrying it around in the mule. But I could probably find a way.

The green works breaks down into three pieces, 1) the handle/trigger/battery.... 2) the saw end and 3)the center extension. It would easily fit in your mule and is easy to assemble. I bought the case for mine and just keep it in there . Pretty sure the lynx breaks down the same way. They are legit. Cut like a champ. I have sold two lease members and another buddy on the greatness that is the electric pole saws over the last year.. just like fellow TBHers sold me on it last year. They are sure easy on the back ..

Comment

Not to take away from above...info....I never had battery powered chain saw...But own a couple Remington electric and had good luck...with cord and generator.......But what I really like is my Saws-all with pruning blade..Quiet and light enough to carry in BP..But no pole....I got a med sized stihl for big stuff but again no pole

Comment

The Lynxx pole saw is great. Get the warranty. I did have to replace mine once. They just exchanged it with a new one. I was cutting big trees with it 12” diameter, and stripped the gears. It’s a limb trimming machine though. That battery will last a long time on a charge too.

Comment

I have the Lynxx pole saw, many hours on it with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      The Lynxx pole saw is great. Get the warranty. I did have to replace mine once. They just exchanged it with a new one. I was cutting big trees with it 12” diameter, and stripped the gears. It’s a limb trimming machine though. That battery will last a long time on a charge too.

a 12" tree with an 8" saw.....that's a challenge..

Never mind.... I saw it was a 10"
                      Last edited by Smart; 08-11-2020, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Pretty dang good price on the Greenworks right now at $127...

Comment

I have the Kobalt 40V pole saw and its an absolute work horse

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            a 12" tree with an 8" saw.....that's a challenge..

Never mind.... I saw it was a 10"

Yep. It’s a 10”. I use and abuse it too. That sucker is great for cutting shooting lanes.

Comment

I have the Lynx pole saw. Works great...another thing my wife bought was the battery operated pole extension hedge trimmer. I take that out more than the pole saw for clearing back already pruned roads...I can run up and down our road real fast with a hedge trimmer. It will cut up to 1 inch branches easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X