Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple volt tester for feeder batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple volt tester for feeder batteries?

What is the simplest, most brain dead for electrical idiots, volt tester to buy, to take to the field and check battery strength on 12v feeder batteries?

Thanks in advance. Mike.

tongue.................

Comment

A cheap multimeter from Walmart. You can call me and I'll tell you how to use it if you can't understand the directions.

Comment

Harbor Freight multimeter.....cheap, small and I've had one for 8-9 years at my lease. Turn knob to DCV 20 and leave it. Flip the on off switch in the middle when you want to use it. Runs off a 9 volt. Some times they give them away for free with a purchase. I know how to use a multimeter and have a good one but its just easy to have a smaller compact one to leave at the cabin to use for that purpose.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HarborFreight-FreeMultimeter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24625310

Last edited by Smart; 07-30-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

X2 on Harbor Freight and I’m pretty sure you can get 2 maybe 3 different ones for under $20

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Harbor Freight multimeter.....cheap, small and I've had one for 8-9 years at my lease. Turn knob to DCV 20 and leave it. Flip the on off switch in the middle when you want to use it. Runs off a 9 volt. Some times they give them away for free with a purchase. I know how to use a multimeter and have a good one but its just easy to have a smaller compact one to leave at the cabin to use for that purpose.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

[ATTACH]1012968[/ATTACH]

This ^^^^. I'll look when I get home. I've probably got a couple of the freebies. If so, I'll send you one.

Comment

Fluke multimeter

Comment

HCR makes the easy tester to use 6 or 12 volt

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  tongue.................
                  Winner!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;15005509]Harbor Freight multimeter.....cheap, small and I've had one for 8-9 years at my lease. Turn knob to DCV 20 and leave it. Flip the on off switch in the middle when you want to use it. Runs off a 9 volt. Some times they give them away for free with a purchase. I know how to use a multimeter and have a good one but its just easy to have a smaller compact one to leave at the cabin to use for that purpose.

This will do well. I taught High School Automotive for several years. We purchased these for the students to learn with. 14-18y/o kids can and will destroy an anvil. For the cost they were great, and I was less mad when one was broken from ignorance.

Comment

As usual, thanks for all the info.

Comment

Just bought one at Harbor, $6.99

God Bless
                        Bish

Comment

This is on the only way to check your feeder battery, worth every https://www.omnicontrols.com/product...SABEgKw1PD_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                            This is on the only way to check your feeder battery, worth every https://www.omnicontrols.com/product...SABEgKw1PD_BwE

lol....daaadgum!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              lol....daaadgum!!
                              Lol I’m sure there’s people out there that really feel that way..

Comment

Working...
                              X