Tree stand skirt material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree stand skirt material?

Aside from printed burlap, what blind materials are you guys using for ladder tree stands? I tried the military leaf type stuff but really hated it. It literally hung up on everything! I have not found a made to fit blind, so I'm just looking for good skirting material.

Thoughts?

We made some out of heavy weight camo fabric. Hung them off the rails for the rest with shower curtain rings.

Comment

Where did you get the heavy weight fabric?

Comment

Have you tried wearing good Camo and being still

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
          Have you tried wearing good Camo and being still
          Yeah, but a good treestand blind is nice!

Comment

scraps/leftover from upholtersy shops. i go raid my sister shop and pull out the darkest stuff she has that is left overs from couches etc. hit it with spray pain and use that

Comment

Old Camo Pants legs ,long shirt sleeves..don't have to match/and ty/zip ties wraps...That printed burlap now days really,fades and trashes out fast

Comment

Went to a hipster coffee spot and got a bunch of burlap bags that were for coffee beans.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                  Yeah, but a good treestand blind is nice!
                  Yes sir.

Wonder why people build box blinds?

I haven't found the perfect material yet.
                  I want to build one mainly for wind/cold protection and hang a small heater so I CAN sit still.

Besides, deer don't usually co-operate. They always, seems like anyway when they do decide to, come or show up in just the wrong spots, so I have to move around.

Comment

for stand i run string or wire and just hang fresh oak or cedar trimmings, it works great

for the ladder I would just zip tie some camo burlap if you are that worried about it, I dont see it as a problem unless its an odd color.
                    also joann fabric sells stuff by the yard in many camo mossy oak patterns
                    Last edited by kingranch; 08-12-2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

The best thing I have found for constructing cover is green tinsel or garland from the Christmas department at Walmart or similar stores. The stuff comes in about 20 to 30 foot lengths. After Christmas is over, they sell the stuff dirt cheap to get rid of it. I weave it into pieces of chicken wire. It makes excellent back cover and front cover as well but I personally consider back cover more important. Keep it out of the sun and it will last for quite a while. Putting these chicken wire strips in front of me and behind me has worked well for years. Be sure to put the strips in front of you low enough that you can shoot over the top of it. Put it far enough from you as not to snag with your bow when readying for a shot.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                          The best thing I have found for constructing cover is green tinsel or garland from the Christmas department at Walmart or similar stores. The stuff comes in about 20 to 30 foot lengths. After Christmas is over, they sell the stuff dirt cheap to get rid of it. I weave it into pieces of chicken wire. It makes excellent back cover and front cover as well but I personally consider back cover more important. Keep it out of the sun and it will last for quite a while. Putting these chicken wire strips in front of me and behind me has worked well for years. Be sure to put the strips in front of you low enough that you can shoot over the top of it. Put it far enough from you as not to snag with your bow when readying for a shot.
                          got a picture of that stand?

Comment

Dark brown or dark green canvas tarp.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                              Where did you get the heavy weight fabric?
                              Fabric/sewing stores is where we found it, like JoAnn’s.

Comment

Working...
                              X