• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whuts yo point? Lol

Comment

That cottonseed is that color due to it being fortified with minerals.

Standard cottonseed is white obviously, but that’s why you paid $15 a bag was bc of the brand / minerals infusion

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        That cottonseed is that color due to it being fortified with minerals.

Standard cottonseed is white obviously, but that’s why you paid $15 a bag was bc of the brand / minerals infusion

I wondered that.

Comment

This is on their website

How is Fortified Cottonseed different from Whole Cottonseed?
          Fortified Cottonseed is whole cottonseed plus a mineral pack with vitamins and a flavor attractant, cutting out the need to buy additional protein with your plain whole cottonseed

Comment

Originally posted by bjsexpress View Post
            Will cattle tear up a feeder like that if able to get to it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            yes, yes yes. We had to build fort knox around our main pile for the cows. Our hogs didn't touch it though.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
              Whuts yo point? Lol

I guess there’s always room for one more cottonseed thread. By the way what’s better, fixed or mechanical broadheads?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                This is on their website

How is Fortified Cottonseed different from Whole Cottonseed?
                Fortified Cottonseed is whole cottonseed plus a mineral pack with vitamins and a flavor attractant, cutting out the need to buy additional protein with your plain whole cottonseed

Of course that’s written by the people trying to sell it.

IMO plain cottonseed doesn’t “need” additional protein. It’s got plenty of protein, and fiber just like it is.

Comment

IMO plain cottonseed doesn’t “need” additional protein. It’s got plenty of protein, and fiber just like it is.
                  I agree. I was just looking for an explanation of the color of the seed.

Comment

Don’t feed it too much longer. We stop around the end of August, maybe into September.
                    Alot of ranches do this, and its true to an extent, but they have to eat ALOT of it.

But if I was you, and if the deer are eating it, then I would continue feeding it all year long and into next summer. Your deer have never had it before, so they dont have any of it in their system and will not eat enough to make them sterile this season. Get them use to it this year so they can take full advantage of during next antler growing season.

Comment

C'mon Jeff you're better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        I agree. I was just looking for an explanation of the color of the seed.

Yep. It’s was good to see the cottonseed wasn’t old.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          C'mon Jeff you're better than that.

What????? I just posted links to all the info you could ever want to know on the subject. I wasn’t trying to be rude. You’d be surprised how many people never use the search function on here. Sorry if it came across negatively. My bad.

Comment

What????? I just posted links to all the info you could ever want to know on the subject. I wasn’t trying to be rude. You’d be surprised how many people never use the search function on here. Sorry if it came across negatively. My bad.
                            I gotcha on this. I did my searching before I built my feeder. If I hadn't I wouldn't have thought to top it with corn.

Also I had chicken wire and had to go back and get the wire with the larger holes. The search function is your friend.

Comment

It does need mineral though. Plain whole seed does not provide the minerals protein pellets do. I’m still a fan of protein plus cottonseed though to have more feeding area letting more deer eat at the same time.

Comment

I'd assume the additional protein is to get the additional mineral supplements pellet protein has that cottonseed doesn't have.....feeding it in a combination..

I hope CS goes back down to some respectable $$ levels this year.... I'd like to at least feed it from Jan to May

Comment

Working...
                                X