Anyone Raise Chili Peppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Raise Chili Peppers?

I lost my Dad this summer and my whole life he raised a big garden of vegteables every spring. I regret that all I did was turn it over in late winter. I was labor. I want to raise a bunch of habanero, jalapeno and serrano chilis. My yard is mostly shaded. Has anyone had success raising chili peppers in a shaded yard? Do I need full sun to raise them?

Nope shade has always worked better for peppers in my experience. Ive noticed the peppers in between the wood fence and house and getting shade from that do a whole lot better than the ones out in open field by themselves.

I am not a chili head though but I am sure we have a few on here that'd chime in on what you should be doing

Comment

Roy Munson, first of all, I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I know how difficult that can be and I will be praying for you and your family. As for the pepper question, I have about 6-8 plants that are in shade most of the day. They produce peppers, but I've always wondered if they would do better in full sunlight. My problem is that full sun is not an option in this tiny yard I have that's surrounded by tall trees.

Comment

Peppers is all that I try to raise anymore. Jalapenos, serranos, devil's kiss, bells and Cayennes. I have 16 plants that I raise in barrels that are in the sun about half a day and seem to produce pretty well.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
          Peppers is all that I try to raise anymore. Jalapenos, serranos, devil's kiss, bells and Cayennes. I have 16 plants that I raise in barrels that are in the sun about half a day and seem to produce pretty well.
          Adios,
          Gary
          Agreed. Mine all seem to do best in half day sun.

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your dad. Good luck on your garden.

I have never heard anyone say “raised” when talking about growing a garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
              Adios,
              Gary

This right here has been my experience as well.

My tomato plants seem to do well with this method also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X