No announcement yet.

Ohm . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly are you measuring out?? Resistance/resistors are necessary to "limit/control current" in a circuit.

Comment

The higher the ohms, the more it will drop voltage. Say you have a 12 v battery, and you have 1 ohm of resistance on a wire, you can expect the voltage to drop a small amount, it might drop to 11. 8 v or so. Same battery same 12 v, if you have another circuit, with 7 ohms, your battery voltage will drop to something more like 9 v. These numbers just give you some idea of what to expect, with a 12 v. system. I don't remember exactly how much voltage drop you get per ohm. There is a formula, for calculating voltage drop, been a long time since I was in school.

Comment

Ohm

Here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	electricity explanied.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24625687

Comment

May need a little more context to reach the answer you are looking for. If it’s exactly how it reads the more ohms you have the higher the resistance.

Comment

need more info to really give an answer if what you are told is a problem or not.

Comment

E=IxR

I have a question...….. Do holes flow ?

Comment

its usually not very pretty when they do!

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                  Here you go:

[ATTACH]1013879[/ATTACH]
                  This. What are you working on?

Comment

What are you trying to fix?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      E=IxR

I have a question...….. Do holes flow ?
                      Negative to positive, or so I was taught in fundamental electronics, Lackland AFB, circa 1983.

Comment

the higher the "ohm" the more surprised whoever said it is.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                          No Chew, that's "hmmmmmmmm".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UooX2pO4Ols"]Buford T. Justice OMMMMMs into his Hemo Gauge - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                            the higher the "ohm" the more surprised whoever said it is.

Ohm that’s why I turn off the main breaker to my house to change a light bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I changed the main breaker to my moms house once. Mind you, it was live from the meter. Thinking back on it...no way in hades I would do it again. Young and dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                I changed the main breaker to my moms house once. Mind you, it was live from the meter. Thinking back on it...no way in hades I would do it again. Young and dumb.
                                At high rise in Dallas, where I used to work we had old knife switch disconnects in the basement for the whole building. Open copper bar knife switches.

One the Main, which was probably 1" thick by 4-6" wide, was a sign:

Anyone that survives the blast when closing this switch with all the subfeeds closed, will be immediately FIRED.

Comment

Working...
                                X