I just don’t get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    You think having a young laborer is bad. Try working for contractors who hire little college nerds and put them in charge of a project that they’ve never done. I’d rather deal with a crappy laborer than deal with one of these kids that thinks his diploma is means he knows everything. They don’t know **** lol
    You're preaching to the choir.

Comment

Everytime I see one of these I laugh. Lots of folks want to say eh millenials... as a now 28 year old, I'll never forget being charged with having to convince a 40 yr old man to actually do his job. I dont do manual labor anymore, but did my time to get where I am, and saw plenty of lazy folks of all ages. It is easy to point at my age group though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        Everytime I see one of these I laugh. Lots of folks want to say eh millenials... as a now 28 year old, I'll never forget being charged with having to convince a 40 yr old man to actually do his job. I dont do manual labor anymore, but did my time to get where I am, and saw plenty of lazy folks of all ages. It is easy to point at my age group though lol.
        You're right. Every generation has said it about the ones behind them. Now, just to clarify, our mullets were WAYYYYY cooler than y'alls man-buns.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          So it's a part-time job....
          **** near spit my coffee !!

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
            This may seem like an unusual take on it, but I maintain that this is one of the great tragedies of our massive illegal immigration problem . For years, we have turned over so many of manual labor jobs over to immigrants because of the low cost labor.

Many skilled laborers (plumbers, bricklayers, etc. ) hired immigrants to do the labor and became their crew leaders or the business owners. It has gotten to the point where in many cases, it is easier to hire the work done and doing it yourself may not really save you that much money , when you consider what we can make on overtime ( I used to work at a chemical plant)

When my older stepson was about 14 or 15, he tried to pick up some yards to mow, but most (at least many) in our city are done by landscaping crews with immigrant labor .

Consequently , many youth simply spend their time on video games. I know that is probably not the case for most families here on TBH, but our society has greatly changed.

Sorry for the rant.

So bad attitude from these young men and no work ethic is the immigrants fault who has a work ethic, awesome excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              So it's a part-time job....
              It dang sure isn’t tough!!

Comment

Are they out protesting?

Comment

I've got no idea why people always run to "that age". The most useless people I deal with regularly are by no means young guys. There are a ton of lazy people out there, and good help is HARD to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                    I couldn't agree more with you I'm 29 and hear this stuff all the time. But fact is worthless lazy people exist in all generations. But in my particular situation the most worthless individuals at the Plant I'm at are tenured guys that are 40+.

Comment

It is not just a manual labor problem, it is pretty much every industry that doesn't require an education.

Comment

I had sod delivered to the house, 4.5 pallets. Nieghbor has a 15 year old son, told him I’d pay him 100 bucks for about 3 hrs worth of work. He told me his son wasn’t much for working outside. At 15 I’d be busting my butt for 100 dollar bill.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                          I had sod delivered to the house, 4.5 pallets. Nieghbor has a 15 year old son, told him I’d pay him 100 bucks for about 3 hrs worth of work. He told me his son wasn’t much for working outside. At 15 I’d be busting my butt for 100 dollar bill.
                          Heck I’m a finger pointer, but for 33 bucks an hour, let me know next time you need some sod moved!!

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                            His dad is the problem. I don't think I would have had a choice at 15.

Comment

To me plumbing isn’t something that can be outsourced to India. I’m not sure why more younger guys that don’t want a 4yr degree don’t get into plumbing, A/C etc...

Comment

This isn't new. I'm 60 and been seeing this my whole life. My dad was a brick layer. I have 4 brothers so dad didn't need help in the summer. At least 10 times he came home mad as hell because the guy he hired while we were in school would come in, work till noon, need money to buy lunch and never come back. They all would swear they didn't mind hard work until they found out what hard work was.

Comment

Working...
                                X