No announcement yet.

Realtor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also know that a 5 acre lot and a very similar 15 acre lot are not going to necessarily be close on price per acre.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      Are you asking, or, are you having your Realtor ask on your behalf? If you were calling me, wanting to buy without representation, I cannot help you out as I have a fiduciary duty to my client (seller). I would recommend you hire a Realtor or submit an offer on your own.
      If you told me that as a prospective buyer I'd say thank you and goodbye.

Comment

A person that owns any item can sell it for whatever he wants. Everything I have can be bought. If he has listed for that price it will take close to that price to buy it I would imagine. When I list my house if someone brings me a list of comps Ill tell them to go see if any of those are for sell. If someone makes me an offer I will either take it, counter, or decline. Simple

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          If you told me that as a prospective buyer I'd say thank you and goodbye.

If the Realtor didn't say that they could also put their license in jeopardy. They would at a minimum need to get you to sign the Information of Brokerage Services form to answer the question. Obviously, if it is detrimental to the seller's price they would also need the seller's permission to give out that information.

As Broker this question is asked a lot...by other Brokers/Realtors. It is not uncommon at all.

To the question I would get some reliable comp's from someone other than the listing agent. They work in the best interest for the seller, so even if you get comp's from them they will more than likely support the price in some form or fashion.

Present an offer you think is fair and send those comp's with it. The worst they can say is no thanks.
          Last edited by Miller; 06-24-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

When I sold my farm the realtor told me I was NUTS to list it at the price I wanted.
            He told me I was way too high.
            He sure was happy when it sold for what I listed it for

Comment

What makes you want this property over the nearby properties you listed above?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                When I sold my farm the realtor told me I was NUTS to list it at the price I wanted.
                He told me I was way too high.
                He sure was happy when it sold for what I listed it for
                Realtors want to list properties at a low price for a quick and easy sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                  If the Realtor didn't say that they could also put their license in jeopardy. They would at a minimum need to get you to sign the Information of Brokerage Services form to answer the question. Obviously, if it is detrimental to the seller's price they would also need the seller's permission to give out that information.

As Broker this question is asked a lot...by other Brokers/Realtors. It is not uncommon at all.

To the question I would get some reliable comp's from someone other than the listing agent. They work in the best interest for the seller, so even if you get comp's from them they will more than likely support the price in some form or fashion.

Present an offer you think is fair and send those comp's with it. The worst they can say is no thanks.
                  Interesting. Any data on how many realtors have lost their license by doing this?

Comment

Interesting. Any data on how many realtors have lost their license by doing this?
                    I'm sure TREC can give you a lot of those details. I didn't say they would, but could put their license in jeopardy. Just pointing out the facts and rules we are held by.

Your above comment is kind of funny. The original poster is posting about a property he feels is overpriced... insert Captain Picard with the face palm.

Comment

Just offer what you think its worth and provide your comps to the seller. That's how it works.

Comment

Well, as Miller said, TREC would have the information, but all I know is that I wouldn’t want to one.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Realtors want to list properties at a low price for a quick and easy sale.

I take it you’ve had a bad experience with a Realtor. The last three I’ve listed a little more than what seller was thinking of asking for their home, based on comps I pulled. And they got asking or a bit above asking price.

Comment

I take it you’ve had a bad experience with a Realtor. The last three I’ve listed a little more than what seller was thinking of asking for their home, based on comps I pulled. And they got asking or a bit above asking price.

Realtors are just like anyone else in sales where commission is involved. If they aren't selling, they aren't making money.
                            Yes, they want quick and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Realtors are just like anyone else in sales where commission is involved. If they aren't selling, they aren't making money.
                              Yes, they want quick and easy.

Crap, guess I need to change my tactics. Naw, on the other hand, think I will keep on keeping on the way I like to do business and treat people right.

Comment

Crap, guess I need to change my tactics. Naw, on the other hand, think I will keep on keeping on the way I like to do business and treat people right.

You would be in the minority. Is being a realtor your full time job?

Comment

Working...
                                X