Affordable gun light for hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for a relatively inexpensive way to mount a light on my AR that’s bright enough for shooting hogs at 20-60+ yards. Suggestions?

I have seen simple clips for attaching a flashlight to your scope tube, and clip-on lights with wired battery packs. What has worked best for y’all?

I’m not much of a believer that green/red light is necessary...

Tractor Supply sells I white light for $25 that mounts to a Picatinny rail.

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-06-2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

ive used velcro strips and held lights to the barrel ,,,works well...obviously fasten under not over

Comment

Cheapest route I have gone is find cheap flashlight with 1" (or 30mm if they make them) barrel and a cheap set of detachable scope rings.

Of course you need attachment point on top of current scope rings, or either side (preferably opposite the side your face is on) or on bottom of hand guard

Comment

Nitecore p30, its about 100 bucks. I can see around 150 yrds with the green cover on it.

Comment

I used to have a varmint hunting light that would attach to a 1" scope tube, had some wires with a switch that you could stick on the stock. The a 6V battery, if I remember correctly. That you could attach to the rifle stock or on your waist or where ever you wanted to put it. That worked but was a lot more of a pain that I liked.

I have since bought a Streamlight, flashlight. It fits in a mount, that can be attached to a rail. I mounted a rail on the left side of each of my AR's forearms. So I can attach that light to whichever gun I am using. I mount it on the left side of the gun, so I can push the switch with my left thump, without having to move my hand on the forearm.

The Streamlight I got, is something like 700 lumens maybe 740, don't remember exactly. They sell brighter lights than what I bought years ago. Thought about maybe buying a brighter light, so I would have two lights. The one I bought is pretty small, considering how bright it is. The Streamlight batteries are good batteries that last a long time. So when I need a bright light on one of my ARs, I have a good functioning bright light. That is also light, simple to operate. It did not cost much either. I got both the light and the mount at a gun show years ago. I have had to replace the batteries a few times. It's not been like all the other LED lights that I have had, that work great on the first set of batteries, the afterwards, go through batteries like crazy and are never as bright as they were with the first set, then eventually the light just dies completely.

I can easily see coyotes in the scope I have on the gun, out to 200 yards, no problem. I can make them out, out to maybe 400 yards, but at those ranges, I am not 100% what I am seeing in the scope at night. So I have not taken shots at those ranges at night.

Comment

Lights

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
              I’m looking for a relatively inexpensive way to mount a light on my AR that’s bright enough for shooting hogs at 20-60+ yards. Suggestions?

I have seen simple clips for attaching a flashlight to your scope tube, and clip-on lights with wired battery packs. What has worked best for y’all?

Sniper Hog lights Love mine.

Comment

There are all kinds of cheap lights that will work for you but please be aware that most of those cheap lights will not last a year if you use it much and wont shine anywhere close to as far as our 66LRX. For about $160.00 with the 10% discount we give to TBH members you could get our 66LRX rifle light with 2 rechargeable batteries(light only uses one), Charger and adjustable mount for mounting to scopes or rails. Your choice of color the light emits but you can also get extra colors for $20.00 each so you can change the color your light emits from red to white to green to IR. 5 year warranty.

Our 66LRX in Red and Green will shine around 740 yards, White around 1300 yards.
                We measure the distances of every light we ship out so we know they can shine the distances we list. You wont get that from any other company.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                  Sniper Hog lights Love mine.
                  Me too! :-)
                  He said cheap. I figured $25 was cheap. It's the light I started with. I next got the Coyote Reaper lights. Didn't care for it.
                  I than moved on to Sniper Hawg Lights. I've been using my 66LRX for about 3 years now maybe....
                  I have 3 of their lights.
                  I use the 38LRX for my bow. 66LRX for my Wraith, which I sold. Have the green, red, white and 850nm bulbs for them. I also have the COYOTE CANNON cause I wanted one.
                  I have the green and 940nm bulb for it.
                  Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-08-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Illuminate your hunt with the All Seasons Feeders Predator XT Light Kit! Each includes a quick-mount scope, rechargeable batteries, charger, switch, & mount.

I use this, it comes with all the attachments needed. Red, Green or IR, plus a pressure button.

Comment

Sniper

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                      There are all kinds of cheap lights that will work for you but please be aware that most of those cheap lights will not last a year if you use it much and wont shine anywhere close to as far as our 66LRX. For about $160.00 with the 10% discount we give to TBH members you could get our 66LRX rifle light with 2 rechargeable batteries(light only uses one), Charger and adjustable mount for mounting to scopes or rails. Your choice of color the light emits but you can also get extra colors for $20.00 each so you can change the color your light emits from red to white to green to IR. 5 year warranty.

Our 66LRX in Red and Green will shine around 740 yards, White around 1300 yards.
                      We measure the distances of every light we ship out so we know they can shine the distances we list. You wont get that from any other company.
                      Wish I would have known about the 10% discount could have got the white bulb for free with my order. Fixing to get my neighbor to order him one he likes them. But anyway you buy cheap and that's what you end up getting. Nothing comes close to these lights and what I like you can get a couple more mounts and change out the light in a couple of minutes to another gun.Thanks

Comment

Lights

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post

Buy cheap and most of the time that's what you get. More than likely when you shoot your going to be out there in the dark trying to adjust it back or picking it up off the ground. With a Sniper I promise that's not happing and no I don't work for them. Plus probably the only thing brighter is a light on a train. Plus I like that I can Zoom in with it at 50 yds say out to 700 yds or more even if not shooting that far.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post

These guys are the best in the business. I bought one of there original lights probably 10yrs ago or so. It was the Destoyer. I bought the kit with the 2 batteries, charger, mounts, and pig tail. I have used it every season and still continue to use it. Still using the original 2 batteries that came with it also. I now have the 66LRX for my Wraith in the 850nm IR. Amazing lights and an amazing company. This is what I would go with.
                          Last edited by bowaddict40; 06-08-2020, 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

telling ya...velcro strips will work

Comment

Working...
                            X