RIP Easy Co. 506th PIR BAND of Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Easy Co. 506th PIR BAND of Brothers

Hard to imagine the last survivor died a year ago in May of 2019 with SSG Albert Mampre. These guys were real heroes along with all those that served in the Great War. I sit here looking at my grandfather's Purple Heart from the Battle of the Bulge and sure miss him and many of those guys I grew up with listening to their stories.

It's hard to believe that I will be telling my kids about these men one day and will be such a distant history.

I'm posting this because I have generally kept up with the history and men and didn't realize they were all gone. I've got a letter and picture from **** Winters, which is a long story, but was always a fan of these men. I'm proud to have served myself, but what they did for me and for us is just unfathomable.

Those were real men who fought evil to protect the world and give us a better place to live.

Comment

Hero’s for sure

Comment

They weren’t called the greatest generation for no reason. The sacrifices and accomplishments they made not just for America but the entire world is almost incomprehensible.

Comment

Real life hero’s! I did not serve, I regret it often and will forever respect our soldiers!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Just finished re-watching Band of Brothers. Truly amazing everything those men went through.

Comment

RIP, the greatest generation. The series Band of Brothers really opened up a lot of people to what it was like back then and even that came out almost 20 yrs ago.

Comment

I obtained my interest in collecting US Military weapons based upon the stories, movies and history surrounding WWll. They were indeed the greatest generation...from Rosie the riveter, to Kilroy was here, to Audie Murphy and the Tuskegee Airmen...the men and women of all races and religions banded together as Americans and fought the good fight.

I’ll carry their memory on with my collection and hope to educate the future generations that come. Click image for larger version

Name:	64483860-F4D5-45F4-8273-1B56100756D1.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	24620446

Comment

Heroes

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      I sit here looking at my grandfather's Purple Heart from the Battle of the Bulge
                      Was your grandfather airborne?

Comment

My granddad was a member of the 82nd Airborne. He went to Normandy being towed in a paper plane. He was with them From Sicily through the end of the war.

Comment

American Heroes gets thrown around a lot but not enough for these great people.

Comment

Band of Brothers was a GREAT mini-series!! and the men (and women) of WWII are and will always be the greatest generation. not distracting from the original post, just saying another worth watching, if you haven't already is "The Pacific" it is like Band of Brothers but it is the Marine Corps march across the Pacific

Comment

RIP & God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X