• Show
Clear All

Congratulations

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Now what?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Greatness!!...and to think you were worried.

The kid has gotta be all giggles!!

Comment

I’ve been following along hoping to see what I just saw. Congrats on the catch !

Comment

Spectacular!!!! How happy is that little guy?

Comment

By hand....

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Now what?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
              Thinks he can camo out & grab one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200401_210617.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	24613173

Comment

ATTABOY! Great job!

Comment

Oh man!!!!!!! THATS SOME OF THE BEST EATING EVER.

Who pulled the string on them?

Comment

Way to go Ethan! Now we'll have something else to talk about next year at bownanza! We need a play by play commentary of how this went down.

Comment

This is greatness!

Comment

Awesome - He will remember this forever.

Comment

This was an awesome thread!!!! I’ve been passing it up thinking it was a coronavirus thread!!!! Glad I opened it up and read!!!

Absolutely awesome!!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Play by play.....

About 30 came in. Straight to the feeder. 3 sows and 20+++ piglets. I barely had time to get the phone up when about 15 piglets headed straight for the trap.

I was trying to find the video mode button. Ethan was saying "hurry", I need to pull"! I hit record and he YANKED!

Kinda went S a lil from there, lol. I think y'all have been underestimating the integrity of this trap. Its HEAVY !

Flat pancaked a black one. Dont think Ethan thought that part through. Its front 1/2 was outside and it was trying to flop but couldn't hardly. We probably had a dz or more inside. The tiniest ones STILL WENT THROUGH THE SIDE PANELS! I'm talking the tightest wires on the bottom of hog panels.

The mommas went nuts. They ran around the trap a couple times but Ethan couldn't get a shot off. Then they stayed w/in 30 yards but in brush.

I had him hold tight in the blind while I went to assess the situation. The sows left when I got out.

I pulled the lil black one out and took it to Ethan. It was dead, I thought. But then I felt its heartbeat when I was showing it to him.

After CPR (slapping it around a bit), it kinda started wheezing a lil. I left it with Ethan in the blind and went and got the truck.

When I returned he said he didnt think it'd make it. I threw it down and it ran off like a striped ape!

1/2 the pigs had their heads stuck through the panels and were hung.

I told Ethan to pick the winner and the rest were gonna "not be so lucky".

He didnt wanna shoot the babies. Said he would when they got bigger. ????????

So..... he reached through and grabbed the one he wanted while I raised the trap so he could grab it from underneath.

Threw it in a corn sack and they got in the truck. I freed the rest.

We accomplished what he set out to do, and both of us had a blast doing it. Although I'd liked to have eradicated the rest.

But, this was his gig. Hes proud of his lil accomplishment and I'm proud of/for him.

Comment

Very cool Derek!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X