Dallas County Shelter In Place Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    I dont think construction sites will close..But how we will we get materials?

Construction is clearly listed as essential, so if GCs or owners elect to voluntary shut down sites, then who pays? Contracts are pretty clear if other party issues stop work, we still get a portion of expected profits.

This will get ugly too. FYI I dont care enough to sue or ask for profits, but not every sub contractor will feel the same way.
    I deliver doors and trim to building sites. From what I understood from it, I will be working delivering material. We hopefully found out more Monday since there is a rumor that a person tested positive at another of our locations.
    Wife works for Coca-Cola on Buckner. She sent her boss a text asking about it and was told to report to work like normal.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      I truly hope you are correct, trust me brother. But I have employees not coming in to work next week (before the stay at home stuff tonight). They are union employees, and if fired them I’d be getting sued, and will lose every time.

Define essential will be the important part, and if yalls company is helping this
      Pandemic, fully support you and everyone involved.
      They did define essential. Commercial and residential construction is listed.
      Last edited by JustinJ; 03-22-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Yes I am(a major one at that). And yes we will.

Unless the client shuts us down, there is nothing telling us to shut down. Infrastructure is an essential business. There is no liability associated except for us shutting down of our own accord and then failing to meet our turnover date and then being on the hook for liquidated damages.

We aren’t cramming 600 workers into the same space. By design guys don’t work on top of each other. Plenty of space for everyone to work.

We’ve even discussed the possibility of going to shift work. Drop total manpower onsite to 1/3 yet still stay close on production.

I’ll say again, we aren’t shutting down of our own accord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Let me know how Monday goes, and I hope you are correct. My hourly employees who work in high rise and construction sites will hurt. I don’t want to shut down, it’s my livelihood! Quick discussion with construction lawyer today, just don’t see folks like Austin commercial, Beck, Balfour, Manhattan taking on liability.
        Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        What’s this liability you keep speaking of?

And for the record, I’m with one of those companies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        I work for one of these as well. We’ve implemented a rotational remote work schedule for us office guys.

Bullseye is right. And while there is the potential for liability for GCs, it will be extremely hard, virtually impossible to prove that someone was infected at the jobsite. It really is up to the Owners to stop the work. I will admit, it’s a strange industry in this sense.

I do think we have an obligation to minimize manpower and supervision to the fullest extent possible. It’s our societal responsibility to do more than the minimum to reduce the loading on our hospitals and healthcare system.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Anybody know what the punishment for violating it is?
          Nothing

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            What is the diffence in this and what we are doing now? Can you still go get food? Are restaruants still allowed to be open for to go orders or delivery? Can you leave to go elsewhere?
            Not sure, but other places that have put that kind of restrictions in place will let people go get food and essential items. Everyone is warned to use hand sanitizer, and stay a distance from other people. Wife and I live in the country, we have what we need, we are not going anywhere or associating with anyone till this is over. I had terrible case of the flu many years ago, I was just a kid, had fever that made me hallucinate for nearly a week. I will go to a lot of trouble to NOT get that sick again.

Comment

And my wife thought I was crazy for stockpiling Coors Light!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                You think this sign is big enough people might see it, and do something ?
                After all this crappola is done, I think we are gonna see an unprecedented crime wave.
                Broke, no job, desperate with a family.
                Especially in the Metroplexs.
                Probably a bunch of new laws to keep us safe and free .
                I dont totally disagree, but this is one of the few jobs govt actually has. That said, this is crap. I'm not too worried until they shutdown construction n such in the major cities. Theres a LOT of folks who rely on multiple people working in jobs like that and their areas still have crime.

Went to academy yesterday and there were alot of folks who have no business being near a gun going to buy one for their first time. And a lot who fit the profile of whom I'd be worried about losing it if they lost their jobs for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  Dang. I saw that on the Walker County one but not this one. Didnt look close enough I guess
                  Saw it There. My bad 1000 fine could be worth it to some just to keep on trucking. Going to get interesting

Comment

I am heading up to lake Texoma, I can catch fish to eat, to hell with all this bs.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      I am heading up to lake Texoma, I can catch fish to eat, to hell with all this bs.

I was up there today
                      Saw a turkey on our place by VFW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get to go to work for 10 min tomorrow to pick up things I need to work from home.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          I don't know about Dallas, but the Houston AGC has been very proactive with the mayor and governor's office in regard to keeping construction going. Daily meetings with the GCs that we work for, a couple you mention above, have no plans, as of Friday, to voluntarily stop construction. That may soon change, but I'd be somewhat surprised. Again, I don't think it will be voluntary.

Also, you know GC's have no liability......they pass all that **** down to subs like me.
                          Residential and commercial builder/GC here.

We have always carried liability. And I require every subcontractor to carry it as well. If not, the penalty is 8% off every approved invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            Are they continuing city inspections?
                            Houston and Conroe still are. Permit submitting is now online.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                              Residential and commercial builder/GC here.

We have always carried liability. And I require every subcontractor to carry it as well. If not, the penalty is 8% off every approved invoice.
                              Dont think Curt is talking about typical GL.

Comment

I want to know what all the Wuhan Style Lockdown included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X