Bought an old ranch truck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought an old ranch truck...

So I bought a 2003 f250 longbed crew cab for out at the ranch. Tired of beating up my nice fancy pickup and worrying about it.

What shocked me is I had my friend drop me off to drive it home after I bought it and oddly I much prefer it to my fancy new truck. It makes me wonder what the hell is going with new cars. They don’t make a lazy boy truck any more. Everything is trying to be some fancy Italian leather with modern everything.

It took me a bout three seconds to get comfy and loaf along at 60 in the beltway last night. Today in my new truck was 75 in a rush with all the lane warning lights flashing and I just didn’t like it.

No idea why I’m telling y’all this other than don’t write off old trucks. They are better for some reason.

I’d love to have an old five window Chevy pick up. But here outside of Houston someone would t bone you in it or steal it. Can’t have nothing nice. I do like some of the amenities of the newer vehicles but still like the older vehicles as well.

Comment

I just happened to drive my old '96 this morning. I didn't go over 70, it makes you wonder why everyone is in such a hurry.

Comment

I traded down from a 2016 Ram 3500 I bought new to a 2003 Ram Dually and I am much happier, plus its paid for!

Comment

Nuttin better than an old truck or car.

Comment

I miss the bench seat in my old 96 F150, it was comfy. Drove it back and forth between east coast and Tx a few times a year when I was out in Jersey.

Comment

This is why I love my 2012 Ram, not fancy, just a work truck with power windows and keyless entry, and its paid for with 55k miles on it. Doubt ill buy another truck, i sure do miss my 01 cummins as well, just a good ol truck.

Comment

Way to much Tech in these new vehicles. I dont need a dang light or alarm when someone is approaching me on the side and sure dont need a 12'' screen with a hundred options lighting up.
                Give me a a/c and a radio and ill take it from there

Comment

I prefer a plain ole truck, but harder to find than a live dinosaur.

Comment

Had so many issues with my 17 250 I unloaded it and started driving my spare 03 250 and never looked back. I drive 85 on a consistent basis.

Comment

Love my 2010 Tundra. Don't need nothin fancy just turn the key and go. I do enjoy the backup camera though.

Comment

I miss my old 1990 F250 , 351 carbed , roll windows
                        1987 suburban was great to
                        2005 duramax, no DEF or any emission garbage

Considering my 2014 Silverado is stuck at the dealership with electrical problems

Comment

Thought I was pretty much alone with my opinion on this. Glad to see I'm not alone in this opinion. Love my ole 2000 Silverado.

Comment

Wait until the thermostat sticks and it overheats, or the AC compressor goes out, or it slings the belt and shuts EVERYTHING down, or.....

I drove enough wore out old trucks many 100s of thousands of miles, early in my career. I'll take my nice quiet truck with 800 and some odd ft/lbs of torque, dual zone climate control, and the heater in the seat back for when my back hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Wait until the thermostat sticks and it overheats, or the AC compressor goes out, or it slings the belt and shuts EVERYTHING down, or.....

I drove enough wore out old trucks many 100s of thousands of miles, early in my career. I'll take my nice quiet truck with 800 and some odd ft/lbs of torque, dual zone climate control, and the heater in the seat back for when my back hurts.
                              You're getting soft on us D~Mo!

Comment

Working...
                              X