Hammer of the Thunder God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammer of the Thunder God

I’m super pumped about the 375 H&H I just got from a TBH member. I’ve wanted one for many years. Those nilgai are going to be hurting big time !!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sharkhunter; 07-14-2021, 02:49 PM.

Hail Thunnar!!

Comment

I you scope it make sure you get a scope that has about a foot of eye relief

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        Those nilgai are going to be hurting big time !!
        And your shoulder gonna be saying ouch too !

Comment

That's a mans rifle right there. Probably kicks like a three legged ninja. Congrats

Comment

Actually, they don't kick too bad. It is more of a push in my opinion. I have a Winchester Model 70 built in 1965 and it is not bad at all to shoot. Great caliber for the big, big game.

Comment

Nice! I sure liked the looks of that when I saw it.

I have a blued Model 70. Recoil's not bad. Especially if you shoot it standing. Stay seated upright on the bench. It's when you lay over and get low on the bench or get prone that it'll bite ya.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                Nice! I sure liked the looks of that when I saw it.

I have a blued Model 70. Recoil's not bad. Especially if you shoot it standing. Stay seated upright on the bench. It's when you lay over and get low on the bench or get prone that it'll bite ya.
                X2 on the looks, congratulations, that is a very nice rifle.

Also X2 on the “lay over and get low on the bench or get prone” shooting of this rifle. This will provide a powerful demonstration of Mr. Newton's “for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction” law, along with a sore shoulder. Again, that is just a cool rifle, good luck with it.

Comment

I didn't know bolt guns had a "Hammer".

But do wish I had one like that~!

I was told by a Manitoba Constable that the .375 was an every day gun in Canada. Kinda like 06' and 7mag are down here.

Comment

You have to shoot some hogs in the head and let us see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      Actually, they don't kick too bad. It is more of a push in my opinion. I have a Winchester Model 70 built in 1965 and it is not bad at all to shoot. Great caliber for the big, big game.
                      I've got one on a Mauser action and it doesn't push.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        And your shoulder gonna be saying ouch too !
                        I’m not really recoil sensitive. I’ve shot all kinds of crazy big stuff. I’d like to work up a good load for a premium 270gr and call it good.

Comment

Recoil not as bad as a 300 mag. Shot one in Africa last year and nice round. Surprised the recoil was as light, more of a shove than being punched like a mag.

Comment

The recoil of the 375H&H isnt bad at all. It's not till you step up to the 378 Wby it starts to tingle. Sold the 378 but still have and use the ol H&H round. Settled on a 270gr Barnes TXS and Nosler's 260 gr Accubond.

Comment

Sweet rifle, I have no input on the 375 H&H, as I have never shot one. I believe that is one of the most desired ones to have with the control round feed, not to mention the Winchesters are beautiful. Happy hunting.
                              Last edited by blfx4; 07-16-2021, 09:15 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                              X