What the Heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the Heck?

This is nuts----but it isn't in Texas though a friend said he'd seen some odd charges on fast food bills lately.

Wouldn't it be better for business to just get new menus with higher prices and not throw this out in all your customer's faces?

Count me out.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
      Count me out.
      Yes sir!
      I would pay the bill, minus the equity, and never go back.
      It's getting out of hand yo

Comment

Oh hell no!

Comment

That is stinkin thinkin right there.

Comment

Any Restraunt that does that if off my list period.

Comment

It’s not going to end until it is Ended! This is beyond ludicrous! Thanks for making me just a little bit Angry this a.m.!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                This is nuts----but it isn't in Texas though a friend said he'd seen some odd charges on fast food bills lately.

Wouldn't it be better for business to just get new menus with higher prices and not throw this out in all your customer's faces?

https://fee.org/articles/restaurants...ht-oppression/
                Negative. I want to know what I'm paying for. In this instance, if i find out I'm paying an "equity tax" that place will be off my list.

I found this pretty shocking until I noticed this restaurant is in Minneapolis. They've lost their mind!
                Last edited by Slick8; 07-02-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

This practice has been going on for some time and yes, there are restaurants in Texas doing it -remember the Covid fee?? Not any different in my opinion.

Comment

This is just over the edge man
                    When are people going to get enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As a restaurant operator I cannot find one reason to justify this. I struggle with the amount of tips jars that have popped up during COVID. I asked my employees a couple of weeks ago if they knew what tips stands for. I did not have any shifts for three days that everyone knew. For those of you who also do not know, it stands for To Insure Proper Service. I seldom get whatever 5 years ago would have been considered “proper service”. I am a good tipper, often leaning on the high end. Race or gender has never come into my evaluation of this amount. I would find it insulting if a business stated they needed to help me make a good decision here. It will not happen where I work,I can insure you of that.

Comment

I need to start paying closer attention to my bill. The day I find that I’m being charged for the color of my skin or to boost someone’s cost of living wage, because the restaurant owner is too much of a tightwad, it’s going to be an embarrassing day for that owner/manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          I need to start paying closer attention to my bill. The day I find that I’m being charged for the color of my skin or to boost someone’s cost of living wage, because the restaurant owner is too much of a tightwad, it’s going to be an embarrassing day for that owner/manager.
                          X2

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            I think that from now on I’ll be calling first and letting them have it over the phone and on their reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Yes sir!
                              I would pay the bill, minus the equity, and never go back.
                              It's getting out of hand yo
                              I agree. If I am not informed of it BEFORE I order my food and they try to hijack me afterwards it gets deducted as well as ZERO tip and I won't be going back.

Comment

Working...
                              X