Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BakFlip truck bed covers - rolling vs hard folding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BakFlip truck bed covers - rolling vs hard folding?

I'm thinking about buying a bed cover for my Tacoma. I'm considering either the flat folding or the rolling cover from BakFlip. Any insight from folks that own one? Pros and cons of each style? Other brands I should consider? Thanks

I have this one on my F150 and I love it. My mother-n-law had the rolling cover and I didn't care for it personally.

Get the BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover from RealTruck fast with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Our team of product experts, extensive image galleries, and legendary customer service make it easy to get the right part the first time.

Comment

I have the hard one a friend has the roll up. To me the hard one seems more secure and durable. I’m not a small man and have stood on mine. There is no way I attempt that with a roll up one.

Comment

I have this one on my Tacoma TRD SPORT. I've been very happy with it.

I also recommend this.

Comment

look at diamondback covers. I got one a couple of years ago and like it a lot. cost a little more, but is much more secure and heavy duty.

Comment

I’ve never owned a truck bed cover before buying my current F150 and the dealership had installed this Trifecta tri-fold tonneau. I’m finding out how much I’ve been missing out on for all these years. I always felt they would be a hassle to deal with but it’s so quick, easy....simple really, to take on and off. It doesn’t leak and is very secure. Plus, I like the fact that I still have the full size of the truck bed when it’s off.

Get the Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover from RealTruck fast with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Our team of product experts, extensive image galleries, and legendary customer service make it easy to get the right part the first time.

Comment

I have a Bakflip on my company truck and my personal truck. Absolutely love them!

Comment

Love the Bakflip

Comment

I have a folding backflip and I love it. It makes it so easy to have a loaded truck on the way to hunt and stop for dinner. Without it I would have to move guns in side and make sure I could see the truck. When traveling with the cover nobody knows they are there. Also helps in the rain.

Comment

Hard folding! I replaced a hard folding bakflip with their rolling model. Piece of junk. The backing came off within two months and the slats started jamming and won’t extend out now. Their Customer Service was useless. No longer carried parts, etc....

Hard folding model was great until we got hit with baseball size hail.

Comment

Have the folding BackFlip MX4 and love it. Very secure, and pretty dry. Get the tailgate seal and you will not get hardly any, if any water in the bed. I clean the seals every once in a while to keep debris off of them to keep a good seal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        I have this one on my F150 and I love it. My mother-n-law had the rolling cover and I didn't care for it personally.

https://bakflip.com/p/bakflip-mx4-tonneau-cover/
                        Well... shows how much I pay attention. This isn't the one I ended up buying. I assumed it was the Bakflip brand because of how it looked when the dealer installed it but it wasn't. It is the Truck Hero Ultra Flex...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210511-125807_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	24650422

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210511-125831_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	24650423

Comment

This!!!

Comment

Same here. I don't think I would own anything else.

Comment

Are the hard, folding covers dust/water proof?

Comment

Working...
                              X