No announcement yet.

ford dealership nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a new suburban. It was hard to find one with the specs I wanted. I searched dealer inventories on the chevrolet website, and called on close to 20 that fit my specs. They were all listed as "in transit", were spoken for, and had not made it to the lot yet. Someone I got lucky and found the one I wanted in Austin. The guy that had first dibs turned it down, and I was able to scoop it up. Two other people tried buying it out from under me, and I had to get crappy with the sales manager. But it turned out good for us in the end.

I say all that to say this.....Almost all dealerships are selling suburbans at MSRP + "market adjustment". In calling all those dealerships, I saw "market adjustments" from $1k to $10k dollars. CRAZY! I only found one dealership that wasn't doing the added money, and they had just sold the one I wanted!!

Comment

As someone who is going through the process, she did not get a loaded Bronco for $39K. We reserved first day and have a first day order date, and I hope we get it by Christmas.

Something seems off in the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        As someone who is going through the process, she did not get a loaded Bronco for $39K. We reserved first day and have a first day order date, and I hope we get it by Christmas.

Something seems off in the story.
        She didnt get one at all.

Comment

I just assumed the 39 was the balance but honestly didn't keep up with sticker??

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Car dealers are not under contract for anything LOL. You get first dibs at the car. That's about it. This is pretty common industry practice, the big three all do this.

For example, I went to order a GT500, and not one dealership would not allow me to put money down. Reason being, it's a high demand car, which each dealership only gets a certain allocation, and if someone walks in willing to pay more than me, guess what, the dealer is selling it to them, even if it's built to my specs. Not to mention, there were "required" options (the carbon fiber package), because the dealer did not want to sell a car that didn't have a spec that most folks want. The dealer was very up front about this. He said we will call you shortly before it comes in, so you can be here as we take it off the truck to sign paperwork. The dealer refused to take any money up front.

Why your friend would put $39k down is beyond me.

Hmmmmmm......where did you read she put 39k down as deposit? oh, that was the price, not the deposit. LOL

Comment

I’m very surprised to see that the entry level for a 21 bronco is 30k- I don’t know if that comes with wheels tires and motor but that’s what it shows.

Comment

I did one of the first day orders as well, and with all the bells and whistles I'm knocking on $50k. $39K sounds really light for one with very many options.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  I'm pretty sure i didn't say she put $39k down .. i said she put a deposit down ...

they told her that the price as ordered was going to be $39k .. now they want $60k.

Just clarifying what I actually said.. vs what you said I said... for the record.
                  Did they actually tell her the price was going to be $39K or did she assume it because that was the MSRP on the build sheet? Easy to get the two confused, but two totally different animals.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                    I did one of the first day orders as well, and with all the bells and whistles I'm knocking on $50k. $39K sounds really light for one with very many options.
                    I built a few decently optioned ones for $39-40K a couple weeks ago just out of curiousity. It was very doable, but definitely not loaded.

Comment

i just read this story over on bronco6g.com

Comment

I saw this on Facebook yesterday

Comment

You think that’s crazy, look at C8 corvettes. $20-30k over MSRP. Guys order them at around $80k. When they come in they drive them for a month and then sell them for $105k plus and a quick profit.

Comment

I would start off with four letters----DTPA. If she truly contracted to buy it for 39 and they told her the price was now 60 I would hammer them.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                              I'm pretty sure i didn't say she put $39k down .. i said she put a deposit down ...

they told her that the price as ordered was going to be $39k .. now they want $60k.

Just clarifying what I actually said.. vs what you said I said... for the record.
                              Ahh, yeah the 39k was right after deposit. My bad. Either way, doesn't change that its par for the course on a high demand vehicle. It's annoying, but its just the way it is. I am sure a small town dealer would be more courteous than to allow others to drive it, but anything near a big city, for sure the dealer is trying to sell the the highest bidder ASAP.

Comment

I had the same experience with Ford of boerne, f350 high $50,000’s , go to pick it up
                                And sign finalized P.O it’s now +$77,000 , sales manager said I could write a check for the difference, bank car buying service had 2x heck to get a refund check

Comment

Working...
                                X