Comment

122 foot trapped & hung out to dry

Comment

123 - 125
        Attached Files

Comment

Good job Big Daddy^^^

Comment

Got a call today that a sick coyote was coming up to people at the local gas station. Went down there and it was gone. Everyone said it had left and which direction it was heading. I drove down there and caught it crossing the road into someone's yard. I pulled up beside it to scare it to the open field across the road and it just looked at me and walked away. Didn't make it far. 3" #4 buck at 10 feet hit it so hard its back legs came off the ground as it's face touched it.

Can't say whether it was rabid or what. Definitely wasn't acting right. Called game and fish to see if they wanted to run a test on it and they never called back so I guess it must not be too big of a deal.

Anyway that's how #126 got on this thread. Weirdest encounter I've had with one. Had no fear whatsoever of humans. 12 gauge fixed that sucker right up.
            Last edited by okrattler; 05-02-2021, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Sometimes last week
              Attached Files

Comment

128 and 129

Decided to try my hand at warm weather coyote trapping due to something eating wife's free range chickens

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6247.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	24657436

Comment

Got 5 a few weeks back in the panhandle

Comment

Following

Comment

Got one this morning. Shot one and got out of the blind. Saw two more about 200+ yards out and took a free hand shot. No idea if I hit that one. Only had my .17 hmr as I wasn't thinking coyote at all.

When I was walking in the semi open brush/grass pasture I hear something and see another Coyote hauling butt right at me. Happened real fast. He stopped at 8 yards and I shot. He yelped in circles and fell over. I was sure he was going to come at me but he never saw me...somehow.

Used a mouth rabbit call this evening and almost got a bigger one. I wasn't set up good enough.

So what's a good, easy to use ecall thats available to buy right now? I looked up Fox Fury on Amazon and that one and others are out of stock. I don't mind spending $150-$300 for a good call but would rather not drop much more.

I do have a cheap old Fox Pro but it's not easy to use and needs to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Got one this morning. Shot one and got out of the blind. Saw two more about 200+ yards out and took a free hand shot. No idea if I hit that one. Only had my .17 hmr as I wasn't thinking coyote at all.

When I was walking in the semi open brush/grass pasture I hear something and see another Coyote hauling butt right at me. Happened real fast. He stopped at 8 yards and I shot. He yelped in circles and fell over. I was sure he was going to come at me but he never saw me...somehow.

Used a mouth rabbit call this evening and almost got a bigger one. I wasn't set up good enough.

So what's a good, easy to use ecall thats available to buy right now? I looked up Fox Fury on Amazon and that one and others are out of stock. I don't mind spending $150-$300 for a good call but would rather not drop much more.

I do have a cheap old Fox Pro but it's not easy to use and needs to be replaced.
                        I like my FoxPro Inferno just fine. Not the most expensive call out there by any means but it's called in quite a few for me.

Comment

Got three this week in snares

Comment

138. Ear holed a one with a belly full of my chickens, turkey, and barn cat.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              I like my FoxPro Inferno just fine. Not the most expensive call out there by any means but it's called in quite a few for me.
                              Mine looks about the same as the Inferno. But range for remote sucks. Maybe 40 yards or so.

Are Mojo's good?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                Mine looks about the same as the Inferno. But range for remote sucks. Maybe 40 yards or so.

Are Mojo's good?
                                https://www.amazon.com/MOJO-Outdoors...pd_rd_wg=iYtrz
                                My buddy uses one a lot and likes it. I don't carry a decoy although I have one. I hunt alone so I try to travel fairly light just in case I have to carry a coyote or two out of the field. I figure the less I take with me the less I'm likely to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X