No announcement yet.

Outdoor Kitchen Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt....sorry you are dealing with this. I would not be happy at all.
    If you need another contractor, call Matt Clarke.... from here on the site. He is doing our patio build with fireplace now, and the work (and communication) has been excellent so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
      If you need another contractor, call Matt Clarke.... from here on the site. He is doing our patio build with fireplace now, and the work (and communication) has been excellent so far.

I sent Matt a message to call me. I wish I would have known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man, I've got a patio build in the near future and cant believe all these bad experiences in the Houston area. Glad to hear there are some TBHers that I can give my business to.

Comment

I just spoke the City Inspector and none of these issues will pass inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            I just spoke the City Inspector and none of these issues will pass inspection.

Matt, I ain't one of those "suing types", but you sir have been wronged and wronged badly. That sucker has breached your contract clearly. He should have to pay for the demolition of what he has done and restoration back to your property's original condition before he ever stuck the first shovel in the dirt... Then you can start over and get a real contractor to do it right.

I'd have a hard time not just kickin' his arse real good, but then he'd be the "victim" and I'd be in trouble... Sure hope you are able to get your outdoor kitchen done right in the end sir!

Comment

There are multiple issues with the way that fireplace is being constructed and needs to be ripped out and redone with proper application. Only way that fireplace flies is if you never use it. You need an engineered masonry fireplace with wood framing. If you need a contact for that pm me.

Comment

I'd be torqued and the GC would be done on any project on my property.

Comment

It will get built correct one way or another.

Comment

Holy Moly that’s some shotty work, I would have stopped him at the concrete screw up. If he claimed that’s something that will hold up to the test of time it would have spoke volumes to the rest of what was to come. I hope you get it resolved but if it was my money I would be looking for a new contractor to do it right and he wouldn’t step foot on my property again. His standards are trash at best,

Comment

Hope this isn't any of the guys I know of from Katy. Would be a huge disappointment.

Comment

good work

Comment

Outdoor Kitchen Designs

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                          I sent Matt a message to call me. I wish I would have known.

It was good talking to you earlier. Glad it went well with the inspector and [emoji1696] this guy makes it right! Let me know either way.

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                          Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          I’d be upset as well. My BIL had one bull last year by a contractor and had same issues. Your GC does not happen to be a full time firefighter who does this on the side does he?

You wouldn’t happen to be talking about a fire fighter with the last name Cyrus, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for lending an ear Matt. Hopefully the city inspection process will persuade the GC to make things right.

Comment

Good luck tonight.

Comment

You wouldn’t happen to be talking about a fire fighter with the last name Cyrus, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Don’t know the guys last name. But my BIL is in a couple lawsuits with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X