Islamorada fishing suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamorada fishing suggestions?

Going to be honeymooning down around Islamorada in about 4 weeks and we are wanting to take a fishing trip while we are there. Really wanting to catch some Tarpon or snook. Might look into offshore stuff too if we need to.

Anybody have any good suggestions on guides down that way?

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post
    Going to be honeymooning down around Islamorada in about 4 weeks and we are wanting to take a fishing trip while we are there. Really wanting to catch some Tarpon or snook. Might look into offshore stuff too if we need to.

Anybody have any good suggestions on guides down that way?
    Call Bud n Mary's. Lots of good guides.

Comment

That's where Mary and I went for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Cheeca Lodge. They can set you up with guides too - just ask.

Comment

Capt. Steve Thomas, one of the best in the Keys. I guided down there for 40 years.

If, interested, PM me and I will give you his number.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
          Several of the guides there have youtube channels. They're fish catching fools

Comment

Good luck! Lot's of tarpon in the middle keys, I would suggest trying to fish back country up towards to everglades if you can... Weather and heavy pressure following the worm hatch (June) leave the tarpon close to the bridges and flats pretty wary..

ac

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
              This. Always had good luck with their guides and they can take you on a tarpon specific trip also.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                That's where Mary and I went for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Cheeca Lodge. They can set you up with guides too - just ask.
                We went with Rumfront Sport Fishing for offshore. Check out his FB page to see his boat and catches lately. We enjoyed the trip with him.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! Looking into all of them.

Comment

Kekoa charters they are at the Bass Pro shop marina. Went out with them 3 times and caught tons of fish every time including a 150 lb plus tarpon.

Comment

Also Anglers Reef is an awesome place to stay!

Comment

Brian Cone 305.481.7689

Comment

Working...
                        X