No announcement yet.

Chevy door locks possessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very possible a ground issue, more so with a GM product with their side post terminals, that were supposed to fix multiple problems, but created multiple new ones.

I have found GM battery terminals cause all types of problems over the years. I have found lightly loose battery cable at the power distribution box, can also cause some crazy issues. These newer vehicles with modules for everything, can do crazy stuff, when you have either a bad ground or positive battery connection.

Comment

I bought a new '07 and shortly thereafter starting having these crazy issues. had it towed several times to the dealership, took it in myself several times, they couldnt figure it out. talked with a mechanic friend and wha baam. i checked the ground cable and it was loose. replaced that whole thing and magically no more issues. and no more dealership trips either.

Comment

My 05 duramax heated seats went crazy, I just disconnected them.

Comment

Been there done that! 2010 Chevy

Your whole wiring harness from battery needs to be replaced. The way it was explained to me the wires basically shrunk. Even though it was ever so slight it is causing arcing. I tried for probably a year to get it diagnosed and when I was on the brink of selling the truck it finally did it with a technician in the truck with me and he took my truck and went through it and finally figured it out.

Mine started with just the locks going crazy, but eventually it would kill the truck briefly.

Sounds crazy, but like i said, it took a while to figure out what it was, but replacing those cables will 100% solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Replace the ground battery cable
            Had an 07. The crimp on connector loosens over time. So intermittent and takes forever to diagnose. Finally found the one you tube video that made sense of it. You could try soldering it.

Comment

Yesterday evening I pulled the negative cable off just to look for corrosion. It was perfectly clean. I put it back on and may have tightened it a little more than it was. I have driven 3 times since and have had no problems. Maybe it was just loose? If it does it again I will know it is the cable because that is all I touched, then I will replace it. For now it seems to all be working. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                Yesterday evening I pulled the negative cable off just to look for corrosion. It was perfectly clean. I put it back on and may have tightened it a little more than it was. I have driven 3 times since and have had no problems. Maybe it was just loose? If it does it again I will know it is the cable because that is all I touched, then I will replace it. For now it seems to all be working. Thanks guys!
                Good deal. You probably manipulated it enough to be good for a bit. Reminds me of an ex.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                  Get a new cable and put in your truck for a backup. Most of the corrosion is in the wire and where the wire attaches to the the post bracket. You can't see most of it without removing the insulation.

Comment

My 2014 Chevy Silverado has a tsb for the ignition and battery center , and it affects the brakes, hopefully they supply a loaner

Comment

Guy I work with had this issue on his Tahoe. He added a new ground cable and problem solved. I agree with others here. Check your ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X