Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

renaissance wax Works well.

Comment

I use Balistol on all my guns and fishing gear. My waterfowl guns get buried in mud and water 60 plus days a year and the non cerakoted ones hold up great with Balistol. It works great for my carry pistols that never get cleaned and protects them from sweat in the summertime. The key is using it for a while. It penetrates the metal and gives it a Teflon type coating. And it’s safe for all wood, polymers, sights etc, and doesn’t stain. It doesn’t leave an oil residue behind and won’t attract dirt and grime in your action like a oil based product either.

And after you use it for a while it makes cleaning the guns easier since it creates a slick coating on your metal parts.

Comment

Rustprufe x 2

Comment

Any good car wax will work well for the out side parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            I have used this for 40 years.
            I read this and thought "cosmoline"

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              Buy stainless
              The stainless used for guns, is 416, it's really not a good quality stainless, it seems to have carbon steel in the allow. Because it is lightly magnetic and the fact will will rust some. Why gun companies don't use 303 stainless, I don't know, that is a pure stainless, that is machinable, completely non magnetic. It's a much better quality stainless, than 416, but all gun manufactures that I know of, that make stainless guns, use 416.

I am sure 303, is more expensive, but it can not be so much more expensive, that it's not feasible to make guns out of it. I made some muzzle breaks for one of my guns a while back, was told about 303 before I made it. So I bought bought 303 and 416 round stock, then made breaks out of both. They were both about the same to machine. I definitely liked the end result of the 303 better than the 416.

Comment

all good info

Comment

Truck guns are supposed to be a little rusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    I read this and thought "cosmoline"
                    That is some bad stuff.
                    I bought a never fired sks that had that **** all over it.
                    After about 2 hours of cleaning I wished I had bought a used one.

Comment

That is some bad stuff.
                      That communist country cosmoline is some pretty serious stuff. They put it on all types of products.

Something I have found that works pretty good at preventing rust, but don't think I would put on a gun, is Fluid Film. It's kind of like a aerosol can cosmoline. I think it's supposed to be a wax based product. Stuff I have laying around, that I don't want to rust, till I finish assembling them, I will spray down with that stuff. It's not the best, but does a pretty good job. It's a lot easier to clean off than cosmoline, much easier than the communist cosmoline.

Comment

That is some bad stuff.
                        Remove the stock and put it in the dishwasher. I'm single though.

Comment

Further to the rattle can question, is there anything better than duracoat for DIY at the house without having a curing oven available?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            renaissance wax Works well.
                            This…works great

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                              Further to the rattle can question, is there anything better than duracoat for DIY at the house without having a curing oven available?

Not that I’m aware of. I’m not opposed to painting most things and enjoying the wear look but I’m trying to have atleast one gun in the arsenal tht looks factory[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                                Remove the stock and put it in the dishwasher. I'm single though.
                                lmao!

Comment

Working...
                                X