Elk trip took a turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
    Jeez fellas there are still good people in the world today! Be cautious but have a little faith.

Hope it turns out to be a good relationship!

https://youtube.com/clip/UgyqL_bmdC9ZCxbXz8x4AaABCQ

Yes I agree. Most of us are still good people. So proud to be a part of our estate neighborhood. Humility and helping/giving is still a real thing. Guard yourself but know that when a gift horse comes, don’t immediately turn away from it.

Comment

Jeez fellas there are still good people in the world today! Be cautious but have a little faith.

That's what I was thinking

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty Shady

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
        So, this trespasser is trying to bargain with you?
        Sounds like this the fact ^^^^

"Nobody ever comes up here.." well apparently he certainly does. And has been running his mules and has been using it.

some old but true sayings , " partners in crime" and "birds of a feather flock together", so curious, if you deny this guy access, the next question is will their be a lightning strike on the cabin and it gets burned down.

I think you need to check with local law Enforcement and the local Game Wardens on this " Verified- Trespasser/ Suspicious New friend"

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          That's what I was thinking

X3….glad I don’t have to deal with most of these folks replying.

Comment

Yes sir there is indeed.

Comment

Hope it works out for you. I would try and make sure he packs you in to a good area and not his worst area and keep all the good spots for his paying customers. If you do a deal with him just make it this season and say we will see how things go. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                X3….glad I don’t have to deal with most of these folks replying.
                Lots of party poopers in these parts

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Lots of party poopers in these parts

No ****….what ever happened to just helping someone out? These folks wanting him to take the man for everything he’s worth just to graze a few mules a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                    Thats what i was thinking.
                    Me too.

Comment

Your call but it sounds a little like he’s been hunting it and is trying to bargain to continue to hunt it while no one is there. I personally wouldn’t want anyone there prior to me if I could control that. Him wanting grazing means he’s wanting to hunt it in my opinion. I’d be looking to see how much out of him you could get. Packing, guiding, send me pics of what’s there, etc…

Comment

With the way land is checker-boarded in Colorado it’s not surprising. See if you can barter some help out of him. Unless the property is something special I wouldn’t expect much in return for allowing mules to graze.

Comment

You might as well work a deal with him. If he was using it while no one is there, he will continue to do so. If not him, someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            If I'm understanding it correctly, it sounds like he wants to use your FIL's property for access to the NF and as a base camp for his guided trips. Actually, it sounds like he has probably already been doing that, since he was there on the property about to run folks off of it, before he found out they were related to the actual owner.

You could trade him a fully guided trip in exchange for allowing him to keep using the property. Or you could run him off and hunt DIY. Your FIL's call, really.
                            That's what I was thinking.

Comment

I’m not sure where in the narrative I ever said he has been on the property other than running off the sheep grazer illegally there by getting the sheriff involved. There is a road that cut through it and he mentioned to my cousin that he stopped to check things out because there is usually no activity going on there. He does not need to use our property for access to NF, he states on his website which access point he uses, or for a base for his hunter because, as I stated, he already has cabins on another ranch for his hunters.

Comment

Working...
                              X