Army Worms are back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Worms are back

Just found them on one of my lawns at work, luckily I caught them early. Sod company came and treated them, and said that their sod farm got them a couple of weeks ago. They have been treating all new sod, and are prepared for future cases. Be on the lookout, recent weather is prime for them.

Yep only mine was my tifton field.

Comment

I outsmarted army worms and sprayed chemical to hot and burned it.......

Comment

I just had my yard treated this week. I caught it early but man they did some damage overnight.

Comment

Had someone yesterday tell me that he was covered up in Grandview.

Comment

treat 'em yourself, is too easy to throw out some granules.
            One round and you're done.

Comment

They are all over Mills county.

Comment

Yep got them all around the lindale tyler area as well.

Comment

Parker county is seeing them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I went out Monday morning to find them all over our yard in Williamson County.

Comment

Had them last year, crossing my fingers we don't get them again.

I know Kelly Sod Farms across the river in OK have them pretty bad right now.

Comment

Sprayed my pasture Tuesday for them. They had done a little damage but not too bad.

Comment

My hay field are not cut yet and are waist high. I've been told they are close to me place.

Comment

How much does it cost to spray? My Dad just bales the hay instead of spraying. He claims cheaper overall to just do that. However, curious if that is true and going to run some numbers to show him if it is better to spray to get extra bales or if in fact, just baling it up is better.

Comment

Austin county has them thick. This past Saturday/Sunday time frame three of our best hay fields hit. Saved 140 acres with a crop duster on Monday to wet to spray any other way. The last 50 acres is nothing but stem by Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X