Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk prepping before painting trim and baseboards.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude. What are you doing?

Hire a painter and move down your list!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Hire a painter

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, that's not an option to be able to do everything we have planned for the whole house. Its a big list includgn a full master bath remodel.. Gotta cut a few corners and do some things myself. I've already painted the whole inside of the house....minus the trim and baseboards....hence my question.

Originally posted by glen View Post
      You picked painting baseboards off the list? Go back and get another project would be my suggestion.

On a list of 40 items for a complete remodel, I've checked off 27 items.... and trim and baseboards are next on the list..... There is no picking. Things gotta get done when its their time.
      Last edited by Smart; 07-13-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Hire three painters, run the first two off and settle for the third. He won’t be any better but it will make you feel better.

This is another reason I did it myself...lol

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        You could always do what I did. Let your wife paint it while you go hunting. Come back to it halfway done and live with all the painting supplies stacked by the front door for the last 4 months. She's still waiting for me to finish it for her.

Hahahahahha....the house is a wreck right now, moving everything around and throwing a lot of furniture/decoration in the dump.... A pile of paint supplies might get lost in ths mix..

Comment

Been there won the prize. I hate baseboards and trim work because everyone sees your cut in unlike crown molding

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
            If you have taken pretty decent care of them, you should be able to just paint right over them without any prep. I’ve painted lots of baseboards and trim...I just hired painters to do mine last week lol. I hate being down on the ground that long, too hard on my knees. And I have other stuff I could use my time for. Not sure about your area, but it was well worth the money spent to have them do it.

As of an hour ago, my wife has volunteered to paint the baseboards if I paint all the door trim. She hates all the multiple boards and angles around the doors.....I just need to clean the baseboards

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Been there won the prize. I hate baseboards and trim work because everyone sees your cut in unlike crown molding

I can understand that.

My cut in is pretty solid if I'm not drinking like the waco kid.... I paint the trim first without worry about cut and then cut the darker wall paint back into it ...

I told her she better like the colors and the flooring because the next change is going to be only via a new house or paying somebody else to do it all.....I said I got one more in me and it expires at the end of this remodel..
              Last edited by Smart; 07-13-2021, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I can understand that.

My cut in is pretty solid if I'm not drinking.... I paint the trim first without worry about cut and then cut the darker wall paint back into it ...

I told her she better like the colors and the flooring because the next change is going to be only via a new house or paying somebody else to do it all.....I said I got one more in me and it expires at the end of this remodel..
                Boy I'm there with ya. I want to build one more and call it done.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Feeling your pain... about 8 months into and in a effort to stretch $ due to stupid crazy lumber increase, I too am doing alot of it.

due to changes, I am waiting on last custom vanity to hit then the painting begins.

Feel free once you are practiced up to come help

Comment

I'm in the water and vinegar camp, good luck and move quick on you paining the door trim before she changes her mind

Comment

Working...
                    X