Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer, I hate thieves.

Comment

Dang...I can not believe anyone in this time zone would leave any valuables in a camp overnight. If thieves are scouting and see you leave, they know its free for taking... Things have changed....Shame for sure, but it is the now way of life.

Comment

To the OP. I completely understand. My buddy and I hunted northwest of Palestine for years on his family's land. We were about a mile from the nearest county road, and our cabin was tucked off in the woods. Over the years we never had a break-in and gradually began leaving more and more valuable items at camp over the years. We finally had a break-in, and that was the end of leaving anything of value there. An old family member had been running cattle on the property for a long time, and we suspected one of his hired hands was the culprit, b/c he would have had a good working knowledge of the entire property, to include the cabin's location, along with the knowledge of the times of the week we were likely to be at camp. Never could prove it though.

Comment

No telling, guy down from.me had saddles and tack stolen and ended up having former farrier on a neighbors plumbers truck camera.

Comment

Two minutes, ain't near enough time..
            I'd need, at least a week.

Comment

Wow sorry to hear that but I would never leave my guns at my camp even in a safe. But I sure would have cameras hidden and set up.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                Two minutes, ain't near enough time..
                I'd need, at least a week.
                Lol

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                Wow sorry to hear that but I would never leave my guns at my camp even in a safe. But I sure would have cameras hidden and set up.
                Working on cameras now.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                  On another note, the sheriff was telling us they used to have one bail out a month or so. They are now averaging 4-5 a week!!!! SMDH
                  Hearing the same from my brother about Dewitt Co. They even try to track the runners with drone when possible. Still, too many to keep up with.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    I'm afraid this is going to be normal with deer camps now. Hope I'm wrong.
                    X2

Sorry this happened to you, thieves are everywhere, and nothing is safe anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                      X2- Never leave them!

Comment

Did you have any cameras at your camp.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                          Don’t think it was illegals(never know), front lock was cut and hauled whole safe away.
                          Have y’all kick anyone off the lease lately, That may know about the safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                            Have y’all kick anyone off the lease lately, That may know about the safe.
                            ^^^^^
                            already answered!

Comment

If you ever catch em doin it, SSS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                                Did you have any cameras at your camp.
                                No but working on it now!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X