Home Generator install in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a 40kw stand by generator and looking for someone to install it. I can do most of the work, but I need someone to install the transfer switch.

Nice.

Comment

The city will want you to pull permits and have numerous inspections along the way. With a final inspection and approval. This is not a driveway and people can get killed if you do it wrong.
      Good luck................................

Comment

Saville Electric (based in Spring/Tomball) does home installs. They have been slammed since the last hurricane season but give them a shout!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          The city will want you to pull permits and have numerous inspections along the way. With a final inspection and approval. This is not a driveway and people can get killed if you do it wrong.

He’s not in the city and is literally asking for someone to install the transfer switch. I think he’s recognized the fact that it’s not a driveway.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            He’s not in the city and is literally asking for someone to install the transfer switch. I think he’s recognized the fact that it’s not a driveway.[emoji849]

It’s sad that city dwellers can’t see out side of the city life!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              LOL, not sure he needs a lot of luck if he is hiring a professional to do the technical part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                It’s sad that city dwellers can’t see out side of the city life!
                I live in the city and I don't call the city to ask permission for anything.

Comment

Haha, no doubt. Sometimes I wonder if people even read the post they are replying to. Maybe they just want to drop some knowledge, regardless of how relevant it is.

Comment

I live in the city. Installed all my breaker panels, meter loop, and backup generator set up. No permits, no one died. Been 15 years.
                    Now going to install a 7kw grid tie solar system. No permit. I have a interconnection agreement that was just approved by the power company.
                    Pretty sure someone wont die with this project either.��

There is a TX exemption for homeowners for electrical license.

Comment

To be fair, how does he/we know the Op isn't in "The City"? All his thread states is "Home Generator install in Houston". Yes, he shows to live in Humble, but he didn't say "Home Generator install in Humble". I'm sure Humble has permitting too, though. Personally, if I'm in a neighborhood or a lineman working in the area, I'd want my neighbors/my system inspected and installed properly.

Comment

I was saying what I went through in Houston............

Comment

On a happier note, I just had a whole home generator installed and the big T-storm knocked us off-line from 9:00 last night until about 3:30 this morning. Sure was glad I made that investment.

Y’all carry on !

Comment

If I am not mistaken aren’t you supposed to notify the electric company whom ever you have as a provider be it rural or city?

Comment

Call Power Field Services, www.powerfieldservices.com They service my generator (installed two years ago) and are super helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X