Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in the chamber

Originally posted by Smoore12 View Post
    No way do I ever keep one in the chamber. The way I see it, I’ll always have time to chamber one. Would hate for a small hand to find their way to it somehow and me lose time with them forever. ALWAYS have time to chamber one. If you carry regularly you should practice draw, chamber, shoot. Also, lock your guns up! **** happens man don’t let a kid lose their life! You will never forgive yourself.

[emoji849] At your funeral, your relatives can say, "well at least gramps didn't let any of his grandkids accidentally shoot themselves......"

Comment

Never.

To everyone that carries on an empty chamber:
      Go get a shot timer. At the beep, draw, rack your pistol, and shoot one shot. Do the same loaded.

Come back and tell me how much slower you were on average, and which one was more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        another that doesn't understand terminology. Do your own research.
        YouTube, its the Internet, it must be true. Lol
        In a different scenario, you're driving around with your rifle in the front and you have cartridges in your magazine but unchambered (not in barrel), the game warden pulls you over for some reason, your gun is considered LOADED!
        You walk in from a duck blind and you have shells in your shotgun tube but not in chamber(barrel) and a game warden checks you randomly, he's going to fine you for having a LOADED GUN!
        Wait… what?

Comment

another that doesn't understand terminology. Do your own research.

YouTube, its the Internet, it must be true. Lol

In a different scenario, you're driving around with your rifle in the front and you have cartridges in your magazine but unchambered (not in barrel), the game warden pulls you over for some reason, your gun is considered LOADED!

You walk in from a duck blind and you have shells in your shotgun tube but not in chamber(barrel) and a game warden checks you randomly, he's going to fine you for having a LOADED GUN!
          Where the heck you hunting with this scenario?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            What you described is the worst possible situation for a defensive carry weapon.

Forgive me if this has been stated but I'm about to start the paperwork so I didn't read all the responses.

What you describe is an unknown condition whereby when you need your weapon to save a life you don't know the condition of it.

Defensive carry needs to be reptilian like as in a muscle memory action. There may not be time to think...is this gun loaded when presented with a life threatening situation. You need to point and squeeze then repeat if necessary. It's one thing to have to clear a jamb, quite another to not be sure if you're ready.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
            Agree.

I keep every fire arm in my house ready to rock and roll with magazines placed strategically throughout the house for my AR. I carry with one in the tube because you may not have that split second it takes to rack one. I teach both of my boys and my wife gun safety so that they know how to use them if I am not there.

However as to this comment "You need to point and squeeze then repeat if necessary." If you are in a life threatening situation you better empty that clip because squeezing off one or two shots will probably be harder to prove in court that you were in fear for your life.

Comment

I keep all of my weapons ready to go. Point and squirt.

Comment

Dont forget about the fact that your other/off hand may be busy as well. Pushing attacker away, pushing family aside, moving clothing away to draw. Takes even more time to chamber a round doing that.

Comment

sounds like a bunch of people don't know the differences between 'loaded', 'unloaded', and 'chambered' or 'unchambered' terminology......?

As for me, I literally carry loaded(mag is full and inserted) but unchambered (there is NOT one in the barrel). I mean, how hard is it to chamber a load? Wow.
                  My wife and I are living proof that if I had to chamber a round, that both of us would be dead!!!! I don't care how good you are, you can't chamber a round quick enough in a gun fight!!!!

Comment

One in the chamber

Originally posted by Smoore12 View Post
                    No way do I ever keep one in the chamber. The way I see it, I’ll always have time to chamber one. Would hate for a small hand to find their way to it somehow and me lose time with them forever. ALWAYS have time to chamber one. If you carry regularly you should practice draw, chamber, shoot. Also, lock your guns up! **** happens man don’t let a kid lose their life! You will never forgive yourself.

Your theory is false.

3 seconds, 3 shots unless on of you had en empty chamber.

It’s YOUR responsibility to keep the guns out of the hands of little ones. That’s a dumb excuse not to carry with a round chambered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Your theory is false. It’s YOUR responsibility to keep the guns out of the hands of little ones. That’s a dumb excuse not to carry with a round chambered.
                      Some folks you will never reach regardless of topic & evidence presented...worried about the family's safety & actually chooses actions that are a huge disadvantage in protecting them on poor baseless decisions??

Comment

Always loaded, so always ready.

Comment

I carry a Hellcat hot appendix every day, especially Monday-Friday on the Job all day. I’m so use to it that I forget I’m even carrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Some folks you will never reach regardless of topic & evidence presented...worried about the family's safety & actually chooses actions that are a huge disadvantage in protecting them on poor baseless decisions??
                            how would you know? Lots of people breaking in lately? Or just watching a
                            lot of movies?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Wait… what?
                              evidently a lot of you have never duck hunted on public land, or read the TPWD manual, or driven in the country with a rifle in your truck. If I have to explain, then forget it. You sure don't understand the concept of safety or the law.
                              Wow, city slickers.

Comment

On top of keeping one in the chamber I would recommend having a plan in place for your vehicle. I used to operate in some less than desirable areas alone and often it would go through my mind about how long it would take to get my side arm out of holster and into firing position from around a seat belt. Fed trains to keep one in the chamber but there is no rule saying you have to, I always kept mine hot. Often in the vehicle I would just keep my sidearm in my lap.

My truck gun is a Glock23 which I keep in a "bra" holster with two extra mags in the door. I HIGHLY recommend getting yourself a magnet system. You will not get that pistol out of your door last minute and on target. If a potential threat appears you can move from the door to the magnet just to the side of you steering column in a flash. Put it back when threat resolves itself. I have moved to magnets from door a couple times over the years when someone came to knock on my window once in traffic and once parked in a rough area. Both times it was no issue so back to the door. Its an amazing advantage that costs very little. The magnet will hold the pistol in place by the slide. Extremely strong things. Stay safe out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X