Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator

Dad just installed a 12000 BTU AC at the ranch. I had a 6500 watt generator that’s was intended for this but it was a cheap O and it was freaking loud. We are looking into a Honda unit that will fit our needs. I know there is recommended power suggestions but I am looking for real world usage. It will be the only thing it is running.
    Thanks

I run a 15000 btu easily on a 3500 watt

Comment

Harbor frieght 4,000 watt predator generator. Its real quite and will run about 12 hrs on a tank of gas. Just as good as a honda in my opinion

Comment

Always get bigger than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
          Harbor frieght 4,000 watt predator generator. Its real quite and will run about 12 hrs on a tank of gas. Just as good as a honda in my opinion
          I have a 4000 watt Predator and it runs great. Not sure what size AC I had but it ran the A/C, Tv, lights, etc.

Comment

His main complaint was it was loud. Ive seen a bunch of guys here say the Honda’s are low volume.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
              His main complaint was it was loud. Ive seen a bunch of guys here say the Honda’s are low volume.

The Inverter style Predators are very low volume

Comment

I have a Honda EU3000is and it runs a 6500BTU A/C, 2 refrigerators, a stand up freezer, half dozen lights, 65” LED TV, Dish box, computer & monitor, internet router, WiFi and a couple other small misc. with plenty room to spare.

When everything is up and running, it is drawing about 1800-2000 watts total, with plenty of room for inrush.

It is very quiet as well.

Comment

Not trying to derail this thread but I have a practically new Honda EU3000is that I'd like to sell if you're interested.

Comment

We run the whole fish camp on a Firman 4550/3650. I can squeeze 6 gallons of fuel in it and it'll run 14+ hours on a tank which is awesome for sleeping late in the heat of summer. We obviously run the A/C and all the electronic gizmos along with lights and battery chargers for trucks and the water collection pump and all that, never needed more power or felt like we're stressing the gennie at all. It is loud but I built a shed for it that directs the sound away from camp. If you want quiet then any of the inverter generators will be what you need. I'm a big fan of Firman after going through more than a few out there, we run them hard in the summer heat 24/7 for 4-5 days at a time.
                    Performance and value reign supreme with the P03620 portable generator. Best used for camping, backup power and work. California Emission Certified

Comment

6500 peak watts is actually about 5800 running watts.
                      watts / volts = amps
                      5800 watts / 120 volts = 48 amps

Comment

Originally posted by ohuett View Post
                        Not trying to derail this thread but I have a practically new Honda EU3000is that I'd like to sell if you're interested.
                        Pm me what you want for it if the OP isn’t interested

Comment

Working...
                        X