survey questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

survey questions

Ok yall. Again I don't know what I don't know so learn me! I am buying a 42 acre section of 100 acres. I am having the whole 100 acres surveyed as 58 is being sold to another individual. My question is, what do I need to do to permanently mark the boundaries of my land. I wont be putting up cross fencing in the pasture at this time. Its 1862 feet (according to google maps) front to back on the property so how do I, or how does the surveyor permanently mark these locations so when the day comes that I need to put up cross fencing on the property line I know where the property boundaries are?

Thanks yall!

Surveyor will put steel pins at all the corners.

Comment

I would at least Mark the boundary with a T-post every 100 foot.

Surveyor will put metal pins in the corners but not along the partition boundary line

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
        I would at least Mark the boundary with a T-post every 100 foot.

Surveyor will put metal pins in the corners but not along the partition boundary line
        This. Have the surveyor mark your line every 100 or 200 feet with a stake. You come behind him replacing those stakes with T posts at your leisure. I’d buy 6 footers and cut them in half, paint the tops orange after you drive them in the ground.

Comment

Purple t-post on boundaries

Comment

I cant put stuff every 100 feet... its in the middle of a pasture. I can split the middle though where its cross fenced. Is he going to give me grief if I ask him to put a pin in the middle? I don't know how they usually do that crap.

Comment

I should mention.... I am leasing my 42 acres for a while to the fella buying the 58. I don't want to fence until I decide I am going to put my own cattle on at some point.

Comment

Surveyor is working for you. Get him to mark the 42-58 acre line every 100'. He will most likely use wooden stakes. I would come back and put T-posts at the 100' stakes with no wire. The cows won't care and you can still mow around them if necessary. I have over a mile of property line done this way. I do have good neighbors too.

Also get him to put 'pins' in the boundary line where your future 42 acre fence will tie into the boundary.
                Last edited by Pstraw; 07-01-2021, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  Purple t-post on boundaries
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Ask your surveyor to mark it, his time is money. Are their going to be two plats?

Comment

The surveyor will mark the corners and the boundry points on your land with 1/2" rebar toped with a rubber marker with their initials on them. Once you get the survey you can find the Point of origin and follow the meets and bounds with a gps and mark your own land every 100 ft. I guarantee this will be cheaper than having the surveyor do it.

Comment

If it's an open pasture there's no need to mark it every 100' Just mark it so you will have line of sight.

Be sure to mark places that will be over grown in the future. Protect the iron rods the surveyor sets. Can't go too over board IMO. Will save lots of grief in 10-20 years when you need them.

Comment

If just for cattle I would either place t post or dig a post hole and set a cap in concrete in the field at ground level in a few spots. Cheaper to set post now then resurvey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                            Surveyor will put steel pins at all the corners.

This^^^^ ....plus they can put colored tops on the pins of your choice. That way you know exactly where your pins are.

Comment

I bought a piece of property many years ago from an elderly gentleman. At each corner and offset of the property he had a 6” pipe buried with the coordinates from the survey welded on the pipe. Overkill, probably but he was from the “great generation” era.

Comment

Working...
                              X