Head Scratcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Sounds like y’all need to learn to schedule online appointments. In and out in 45 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20 minutes just to get waited on in line for them to find out I had an appointment. Then waiting for a bay to open. Then another 45 to 55 minutes for 4 new tires that were already negotiated on. Still cost me $600. Fact is, you're "gonna have to wait".

My store stays pretty busy. Waiting is just part of it at that location. Otherwise, I've gotta drive into some place in Ft Worth or midcities. Which will still cost time.

Johnny, hope you find some cheaper rates brother. Or maybe buy a bike?
    The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Karma for buying foreign cars……….

Comment

People still take cabs?

Comment

Screw the taxi cab companies. Next time, for $25 get an Uber or Lyft. Same price each way.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            Screw the taxi cab companies. Next time, for $25 get an Uber or Lyft. Same price each way.
            That's not true. I was booking a trip last week but decided I'd better wait til we got down to the lobby since we have priority pickup and I didn't want a driver waiting on us. By the time we left our room and got downstairs in the elevator the trip rate had increased by $1.50, assuming based on number of drivers available and demand, however my point is the pricing certainly isn't static with Uber and Lyft.

Comment

In the literary sense, I wasn’t going for literal in my comments. Rather, I was literally trying for sarcasm and irony, obviously unsuccessfully. Sorry to confuse.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                The moral of the story is Discount Tire sucks

Said no one ever

Comment

People who still use Yellow Cab, priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    People still take cabs?

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                    People who still use Yellow Cab, priceless
                    Aint that the truth. Call them from a pay phone or flip?

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    In the literary sense, I wasn’t going for literal in my comments. Rather, I was literally trying for sarcasm and irony, obviously unsuccessfully. Sorry to confuse.
                    Good humor is often overlooked or confused with being a smart ace around here. Either of which could just be sarcastic but funny none the less.

The delivery is very important and really a gift

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Aint that the truth. Call them from a pay phone or flip?

Good humor is often overlooked or confused with being a smart ace around here. Either of which could just be sarcastic but funny none the less.

No! That just can't be! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                        Said no one ever

I tend to agree that they are falling off. Everytime I take my vehicles in to get rotations or new tires, they screw something up.

I have aftermarket wheels on my truck like most people who drive diesels do now days, and I take the plastic hub caps off for them now. They always over tighten and crack the plastic. Them suckers are not cheap to replace either.

When I get new tires, they always scratch the rim edge. My guess is that they hire every 16 year old kid in town and his main objective is to complete jobs.

I wish they would slow down sometimes, because I like the convenience of discount tire, but they don't do a very good job anymore, at least in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

True words... sadly some hold a grudge or anger when they can't interpret the difference...
                          Last edited by Smart; 06-20-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            Its all about where you end up. What’s the odds of picking up another paying customer from your house vs the discount tire location?
                            He likely had to deadhead from your house to relocate to find another paying customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree....I bet the deadhead has something to do with it. That being said, I'd be Ubering or Lyfting.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                              I tend to agree that they are falling off. Everytime I take my vehicles in to get rotations or new tires, they screw something up.

I have aftermarket wheels on my truck like most people who drive diesels do now days, and I take the plastic hub caps off for them now. They always over tighten and crack the plastic. Them suckers are not cheap to replace either.

When I get new tires, they always scratch the rim edge. My guess is that they hire every 16 year old kid in town and his main objective is to complete jobs.

I wish they would slow down sometimes, because I like the convenience of discount tire, but they don't do a very good job anymore, at least in my area.
                              Do you honestly think the pool of people they have banging on there door for employment is deep? Hell they are working hard and **** near every post above yours is about how long it took so yeah I am sure a quota is pushed on them.
                              I guess they could hire the older “wiser” employees they have at HD or Lowe’s.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                                Do you honestly think the pool of people they have banging on there door for employment is deep? Hell they are working hard and **** near every post above yours is about how long it took so yeah I am sure a quota is pushed on them.
                                I guess they could hire the older “wiser” employees they have at HD or Lowe’s.
                                It's called training and expectations. I believe they are both lacking.

I have no idea what they have "banging on there(their) door".

One other factor could be solved with equipment. If enough people had damaged wheels from them and reported it, maybe discount would invest in equipment that wont d*ck up your wheels every time they bead a tire.

Comment

Working...
                                X