Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NV, Thermal, ILL. Ret. Scope for suppressed 22???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NV, Thermal, ILL. Ret. Scope for suppressed 22???

I have a suppressed .22 rifle that I am needing ideas on a scope. Original plan was to strap it to my back pack for shooting raccoons off my feeder at night, but this thing is a blast to shoot. So it may get used for more than that.

What are y’all thinking? I was just going to put a cheap one in it, but it is too cool for that.

Cheap thermal?
    NV?
    Illuminated reticle?
    Cheap scope with a light?

TIA

If you got the cash to run a thermal on it I would do that in a heart beat. Nothing crazy would be needed for it any of the sub $2500 thermals would work great on a .22.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by westtexducks; 05-27-2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I think a Wraith HD 2X would be pretty much tits on that thing!

Comment

I would look at the sightmark Wraith if you are just shooting raccoons off a feeder. No need in dropping a bunch of money on a thermal if that is the majority of the shooting you will do. Holler at Jason at Outdoor Legacy and he will get you pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I think a Wraith HD 2X would be pretty much tits on that thing!

I second this motion. Have the 2x on my 300 BO and it’s perfect for under or around 100 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i don't agree on the wraith ..problem #1 you'd need the cantilever mount .. problem #2 the wraith is heavy , and that is one light package...it will feel top heavy and bulky especially because the gun is so light to begin with . if you were local i'd let you put mine on there to see if you like it before you buy it, i'm 99% sure you wouldn't ... and then then is the ir illuminator on top of that.. and they aren't light either...

i personally would go red dot and a good weapon light. if you want to got totally covert .. put some lights on your feeder.

i use a 2moa holosun with solar panel .. during the day it brightens up based on conditions, at night you can turn it way down . i never turn mine on or off.. it's always on and working

on that rig you will love a small red dot during the day... and you'll hate how much ammo you burn through it... and you will...

i have mine on a Tcr/22 and it weighs nothing. and stock has built in mlok

if you go thermal , most of them have multi save profiles .. i use my reap-ir on mine (probably still one of the best lightweight compact but good scope imo), but keep in mind 50 yard zero is 6" low at 100 with a 22lr subsonic . assuming you would't shoot supers with a can... no point! so keep that in mind.

agm rattler might be a decent option for around $2k if you go thermal

just my opinion.

after all it's a strap on a backpack gun ... got to keep it light and handy.

or you could go total gangster... pvs14 on helmet mount and ir laser on the gun ... shoot from the hip! tactactac!

Comment

Question for you. Do you has subsonic with the suppressor or regular high velocity ammo. If regular hv how much quiter is it vs no suppresor? I have looked at a lot of videos but its difficult to tell how much the sound has been reduced. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                Question for you. Do you has subsonic with the suppressor or regular high velocity ammo. If regular hv how much quiter is it vs no suppresor? I have looked at a lot of videos but its difficult to tell how much the sound has been reduced. Thanks
                Still highly worth it. Just not Hollywood quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                  Hollywood just hear the firing pin drop with subs kinda thing. With supers your looking at like a pellet gun is a decent comparison off top of my head. Still totally worth it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Andy I can hook you up with a brand new Super Hogster Thermal for $2800! Best part you can sight it in on this gun and 3 others very easily. Quick release attachment and mount on any rail.

Comment

I’ll try and post coon kill videos with my Super Hogster.

Comment

Video
                        Attached Files

Comment

Coon
                          Attached Files

Comment

Coyote head shot 215 yds.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Andy I can hook you up with a brand new Super Hogster Thermal for $2800! Best part you can sight it in on this gun and 3 others very easily. Quick release attachment and mount on any rail.
                              I'll keep that in mind for sure Jason! Thank you. I have been in contact with Jason with Outdoor Legacy going through options. I am torn because I was planning on going NV, but didn't realize they are so heavy and bulky. I already have a Pulsar thermal on my 300BO. Technically I can swap it to this gun as well if I wanted to (even though I would prefer a dedicated scope).

My biggest reservation with a thermal is that this gun will be used a lot for target shooting and just fun plinking for Brooks as well. Obviously that can be tough with a thermal due to no heat signatures sometimes.

I am leaning toward a red dot with some minimal magnification right now and use a red/green light if needed. Then see what it actually gets used for more and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X