No announcement yet.

What Binos to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been really impressed with my mavens so far. A little heavy but crystal clear and great in low light conditions

Comment

Man y’all sure came down kinda hard on Danno. And no I do not know him.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
        I use to say the same thing when I couldn't afford them! Haha

I have a pair of the Swarovski EL range. They are great.
        I also have a pair of Leica ultravid I like both. Can't go wrong with either. Nice glass is great. If nikons or Bushnell are all you can afford, then so be it.

Have you compared the EL Range to regular EL’s? The has to some loss of quality with the rangefinders, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
          Have you compared the EL Range to regular EL’s? The has to some loss of quality with the rangefinders, right?
          Only thing noticeable is the extra weight.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
            Only thing noticeable is the extra weight.
            I have both and this is correct above. Only difference is the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
              I've had Swaros since 2007. I love them but they are worth the money only twice a day. Unless you are a guide or something and you're just hunting for yourself out of a blind, the Swaros are great for the first 15 minutes of light and the last 15 minutes of light. For the rest of the time assuming a nice day etc. You can use just about any other binocular......but.........twice a day there is no match.
              I’ve seen some magic happen in those first 15 and last 15 though. I honestly think a good pair of binos is the most important piece of gear there is. I guide hunts though so, they are definitely my most important.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                I’ve seen some magic happen in those first 15 and last 15 though. I honestly think a good pair of binos is the most important piece of gear there is. I guide hunts though so, they are definitely my most important.

That’s why I finally bit the bullet. It seemed as though guiding was gonna be my primary job at deer camp for the foreseeable future. Found myself leaving my rifle at camp, and just grabbing binos when I left with my wife or son. Trying to figure out what was what right at legal lite, and trying to measure 12 1/2”, or 13 1/4” wide at some distance was wearing me out.

Only other hunting I do much of anymore is antelope, and Nilgai. Didn’t take a genius to figure out the next move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post

Well sir that's what this site does. They love to argue and fight more amongst themselves than to just talk about hunting. Yes I can afford any binos out there, I just don't see the need to buy a Ferrari when my RAM 1500 will do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post

Coach always said “when you step on the field, you better be ready play”

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                      Well sir that's what this site does. They love to argue and fight more amongst themselves than to just talk about hunting. Yes I can afford any binos out there, I just don't see the need to buy a Ferrari when my RAM 1500 will do the same thing.

Sir, you are the one that came on here popping off about folks who have high end binos......

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                        I am with JJ on this one. I never even knew what I was missing until this year. Have to keep my watch on me to make sure I am legal, they are that good.

I am not sure what Danno is spewing. EL's are only 2k and the best on the market. We look through and buy rifle scopes closer to 4k and may never even look through it during a hunt. I have those binos up almost the entire time I am hunting and do not want eye fatigue after a few hours. Like Matt, I would say good binos are the most important piece of hunting gear. If you are not glassing the entire hunt, you are missing deer I guarantee you that.

Comment

I am kinda a bino freak, not expert, just like binos and I have a lot of them, Leica, Swaro, Leupold, Vortex, Maven, Nikon. Right now my go to is Maven. Got a pair of the B.4 12x56 and they are very nice, clear durable, really like them. The second pair in my pack this season are Vortex Kaibab 18 x 56 and they are outstanding as well. Now both these binos are big heavy made for blind hunting or western hunting glassing hill sides etc. These are not something I would take with me to a tree stand or archery set up. So with that said I recommend Maven and Vortex.

Comment

I’ve got 10x50 Razor HDs. They’re great binos for sure, but not amazing. They’ll do everything I need here in TX and then some. If I was spending hours behind glass each day I’d jump on a set of Swaros without question. They’re just not worth it to me as is though. I do want to try some of the Mavens and Meoptas though. A lot of bang for the buck with those two.

Comment

I was in your same shoes before hunting season. Lots of options out there. I was more than willing to finally commit to buying a good glass. My mind was set on Swaro or Leica. But decided I was going to look at them All before I decided. I finally had my mind made up that I was going to get Meopta until a friend showed me his Steiner HX 10x42’s. What a surprise!! I’m not going to say they are Swaros but for $850ish they are definite bargain!! I freaking love them!! I would say at least give them a look. For under $1000 they are fantastic!! I have a buddy that has the Swaros and when he looked through them he couldn’t believe how good they were.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                                Coach always said “when you step on the field, you better be ready play”

His original comment was unnecessary after the first line, yes, but why not take the time to educate on why the more expensive binoculars are worth it (and don’t just say “they are higher quality”) rather than saying “you must be broke and can’t afford quality glass”. No need for either side to tear the other side apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X