Pic or video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic or video

I always set my game cams to take pics and have never used video mode. Can someone chime in that has and tell me your thoughts on battery life, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my Browning Strike Force set at 10sec vids with a 12v 7amp auxiliary battery. Battery will last about 14months on this setting before needing recharging. I prefer vids over pics and the best part of the Browning is that vids have audio.

Comment

Most of our cameras are Browning Strike Force. I really like the videos when they are of deer but I kept getting dozens of videos triggered by birds and squirrels for every one of deer. That makes going through a card kind of a beating.

Comment

Feeders/bait- camera

Trail and scrapes- video

Mine are browning as well I I get some amazing videos on scrapes with sound

Comment

Lowfence- that makes sense! Thanks for the feedback

Comment

I also prefer to set cameras at scrapes to video mode.

Comment

I use camera mode throughout the Summer. During hunting season I will put some of them on video. Video mode will burn up AA batteries faster than still pics. Like the comments above, I like video on a scrape or trail/crossing.

Comment

Depending on the settings, video mode can eat up memory card space quick. I think it is totally worth the extra cost though.

Videos make it easier to identify details in antlers, you often times get views from different angles, I have less false triggers in video mode... and videos are just fun to watch.

Comment

Believe it or not, but I just picked up a few 128 gig memory cards for video purposes. The first video I posted above, that camera filled a 32gig card in 4 weeks on video mode.

Most of the Browning Dark Ops (which is all I use) will accept up to 512gig card if it is the correct type.
                  I’m hoping the extra memory keeps me from losing out on a few weeks of movement like I did last year.

Comment

we stay in camera mode until about a month before the season then switch some over to video (especially at the locations we got good still pics previously). This helps us get a better handle on the age of bucks since seeing them walk, move, and interact with other bucks is much more valuable than a still pic. We set at 15 seconds every 5 minutes -

Comment

I recently switched all my Coverts to video and love it. They are all on solar so battery life is the same. You can tell a lot more about a deer from one video than you can from tons of pics.

Comment

Pic or video

Vids are cool....

Last edited by joel45acp; 08-20-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X