Straight out flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight out flooding

We are getting an unbelievable rain here in Fairfield this morning. Never complain about a good rain in July, but I have never seen it rain this hard, this long here before. Lots of streets in town are shut down and 84 going through the middle of town is 2' under water. Heck of a well needed rain....

Too much rain too quickly is not a good thing. Some say never complain about rain but that's not accurate. The Houston area went through it the past 2-3 years but luckily we have been back to normal spring and summer rains that are not causing flooding.

Comment

My grandpa lives in Burleson and he called to tell me that it looked like the Deluge of 1812 had returned. Then proceeded to tell me how George Washington made it across the Delaware in a hurricane. [emoji849]

Comment

50 miles south of you and we haven’t gotten a drop.

Comment

Beautiful down here also. My wifes uncle said it was flooded in downtown Texarkana yesterday.

Comment

We are at about 6” just east of Penelope this morning. Crazy rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lots of rain in Corsicana too!

Comment

Would love to have some of that in San Saba. Prayers up for y'all that it doesn't get bad.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                  50 miles south of you and we haven’t gotten a drop.
                  We are kinda on the southern edge of the storm line. Lots of rain from here and to the north. Looks like the Buffalo area is about as far south as it is reaching right now.

Comment

Looks like Fairfield is in line for the next round too. Might be a little late to build an ark

Comment

We got hammered early morning 2am & again 5-6am with some heavy downpours. Been raining off & on all night long. I’m just southeast of Tyler. Still raining

Comment

Pistol is just south of Tyler and said they dumped their 7" rain gauge this morning and it was full. It is still pouring rain.

Here north of College Station, not a drop.

Comment

I dumped 3" out yesterday and have 31/2" in my gauge now and radar showing more on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Looks like Fairfield is in line for the next round too. Might be a little late to build an ark
                            shoot if you get one built let me know! lol

Comment

Heck!!! If we could get 3" of rain the puddles would dry up in an hour or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X