Hiding IP address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding IP address?

I know there is software to buy that will hide a persons IP address - especially for when travelling and in airports, etc.

Does anyone else do this and does it totally hide a persons identity? Thanks

Just use VPN

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      Just use VPN
      Second this. I've used NordVPN and IPVanish and they both work well. They are paid subscriptions, but are pretty cheap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

PM Jmalin.... he knows his way around that evidently...

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          Just use VPN

What’s vpn?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            What’s vpn?
            subscription proxy server access

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              What’s vpn?
              Virtual Private Network

Comment

I tried Ghost and IPVanish and both screwed up my connections.

I tried support thru both and no one could answer simple questions.

I finally had to delete them, of course they were one after the other, not same time. It took a week or so to finally clear things up to where I didn't have to reboot computer and modem/mifi every time I tried to connect.

In the meantime I purchased a FireTV. Now kinda scared to use it without the VPN after what I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  I tried Ghost and IPVanish and both screwed up my connections.

I tried support thru both and no one could answer simple questions.

I finally had to delete them, of course they were one after the other, not same time. It took a week or so to finally clear things up to where I didn't have to reboot computer and modem/mifi every time I tried to connect.

In the meantime I purchased a FireTV. Now kinda scared to use it without the VPN after what I have read.

that depends on what sites you are streaming. I tried streaming Beast TV and one other. I just don't have the horsepower in terms of download speed out here in the sticks.

if you are treaming normal sites, no issues. I have 2 fire sticks.

Comment

I have a subscription to Private Internet Access (PIA), it is another VPN service like the ones listed above and it has worked great for me over the last couple of years. I think they start at a few bucks a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Knooter View Post
                      I have a subscription to Private Internet Access (PIA), it is another VPN service like the ones listed above and it has worked great for me over the last couple of years. I think they start at a few bucks a month.
                      x2

Comment

Working...
                      X