• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy Scouts: Glad we are almost out

Not in favor of this policy change

Boy Scouts: Glad we are almost out

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post

Unfortunately I do think this BS is not going away. The way it is becoming the norm I expect to see a lot more transgender folks in the future and it's absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

While the program was started with the best of motives and intentions, it's become something of a daycare. Most of the grown men I know that were scouts (Eagle Scouts at that) couldn't tell you what a bowline is, much less show you how to tie it, nor could they survive a night in a State Park, much less a wilderness.

Comment

How freaking ridiculous!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          Unfortunately I do think this BS is going away.

Yes, if you cave once it's hard to not cave a second time. It didn't need to happen in the new environment.
          Unfortunately the world & this BS will continue to wonder in this direction.
          I'm also surprised there wasn't much prelude talk to this being announced

Comment

Nope, not good. I was in scouts from the time i was real little(cub) to star rank and i gotta say thank the Lord i still have my and my old mans handbook for me to brush up on cause my lil man won't be involved in the "kinder,gentler" BSA they've turned it into. Srry for the rant

Comment

I'm an Eagle Scout; my son is an Eagle Scout. If scouts are willing to work and meet the requirements to advance through the program then, so be it.

Comment

The end of the article states that the Boy Scouts supports the LGBT community. I'm good with that.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  The end of the article states that the Boy Scouts supports the LGBT community. I'm good with that.

I'm not.

Comment

I like most folks have a pretty staunch opinion about the LGBT movement and the seeming flood of people coming out of the woodwork either identifying as or in support of this as a norm. However, even if it is something I don't agree with I have to look at it from two points of view many folks miss. First I look at it from the point of view of what they can get from the program. I believe it will be positive for them. Second, most young people don't have the violent bias towards it many adults seem to have. Like the electronic/information age they seem to be more comfortable with those issues for the most part. I have been in scouts as an adult since my son was 6. He is nearly 22 and is an eagle scout. Scouts is about teaching self reliance, service to community and leadership. I can read you off the 12 points of the scout law if you like. It's not about segregation or rejection based on someone's personal bias. Those young people need solid youth/peer leadership and caring adult involvement in their lives regardless of the inner challenges they face. They will grow up into citizens who need the same skills to navigate life the the most manly of sons will need. And the influence of good God fearing adult mentors is a pretty good step towards that.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      I'm an Eagle Scout; my son is an Eagle Scout. If scouts are willing to work and meet the requirements to advance through the program then, so be it.

That why there are Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Maybe they should just call it scouts and everybody can share the same tent.

Comment

They actually have females in BS now. It's called Venturing. Both male and females 14 to 21 can join and participate. It's a great program.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          First I look at it from the point of view of what they can get from the program. I believe it will be positive for them. Second, most young people don't have the violent bias towards it many adults seem to have. Like the electronic/information age they seem to be more comfortable with those issues for the most part.

Scouts is about teaching self reliance, service to community and leadership.

It's not about segregation or rejection based on someone's personal bias. Those young people need solid youth/peer leadership and caring adult involvement in their lives regardless of the inner challenges they face. They will grow up into citizens who need the same skills to navigate life the the most manly of sons will need. And the influence of good God fearing adult mentors is a pretty good step towards that.

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I like most folks have a pretty staunch opinion about the LGBT movement and the seeming flood of people coming out of the woodwork either identifying as or in support of this as a norm. However, even if it is something I don't agree with I have to look at it from two points of view many folks miss. First I look at it from the point of view of what they can get from the program. I believe it will be positive for them. Second, most young people don't have the violent bias towards it many adults seem to have. Like the electronic/information age they seem to be more comfortable with those issues for the most part. I have been in scouts as an adult since my son was 6. He is nearly 22 and is an eagle scout. Scouts is about teaching self reliance, service to community and leadership. I can read you off the 12 points of the scout law if you like. It's not about segregation or rejection based on someone's personal bias. Those young people need solid youth/peer leadership and caring adult involvement in their lives regardless of the inner challenges they face. They will grow up into citizens who need the same skills to navigate life the the most manly of sons will need. And the influence of good God fearing adult mentors is a pretty good step towards that.
                            Gary,

This is the first, among many post's of yours of recent, that I agree with. Especially that last line! Well said and God Bless!

Comment

Don't want you to think you got me figured out.

Comment

Working...
                              X