Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summit RV Park in New Braunfels.

Comment

We just bought one also. Between COVID, baseball and puppies we’ve only been able to take it out once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tyler state park is really nice.

Comment

Curious how far in advance do you all book your site?

The wife and I keep tire kicking the idea of a RV, but I feel like the camp sites we've gone to, you have to plan well in advance.

We have tent camped at Inks with Church and LCRA's site on Lake Bastrop.

Comment

Lake Meridian is my favorite on a basis of being quiet. The best campsites I’ve found are at the new Mother Neff, Cleburne was horrible, Davis Mountains or Palo Dirk Canyon are probably the top scenic places.

Comment

Cool! We are picking up our new Grand Design Reflection 31mb 5th wheel next week. We borrowed my brothers last month and went to degray lake in Arkansas and bounced over to table rock lake in Missouri. Both were fantastic and I’d do it again In a heartbeat!

We are going to lake Texoma in two weeks and inks lake at the end of August.

I’ve heard great things about Isla Blanca at SPI and would like to go there in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                We just got back a couple weeks ago from mystic quarry at canyon lake. We did fredericksburg, luckenbach, gruene and floated the guadalupe from there

Mystic quarry has live bands, pool, horse shoes, corn hole, bat caves(boxes), organic garden you can pick from, 1 mile walking trail, full hookups and lots of shade. They also pick up your trash just sit it by the road, bring your ice to you at camp. It was awesome for me lol. All iv ever stayed at was corp places.

This is intriguing

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  Curious how far in advance do you all book your site?

The wife and I keep tire kicking the idea of a RV, but I feel like the camp sites we've gone to, you have to plan well in advance.

We have tent camped at Inks with Church and LCRA's site on Lake Bastrop.

This varies by location and this year has been a nightmare due to so many state parks being shut down.

Sometimes way in advance is better but sometimes you get a better deal last minute when the spots are still open so it can be a crap shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Purtis creek and Tyler are on my want to visit lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Should put them on your short list-really great parks

At Tyler try and get lake side but the loop is cool too

Comment

Originally posted by RonRon View Post
                      Guys,..this is all good info. We live up by The Woodlands, north of Houston, but traveling anywhere in Texas is not a problem I will not be bringing my boat with us, but I'm open to hiring local guides, if on a lake. We're not really interested in hiking or biking, but will be taking our dogs on long walks.

Please keep the info coming.
                      If you would consider out of state check out:
                      Cajun Palms in Lafayette, La
                      Red Shoes RV Park outside of Lake Charles, La
                      Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Al

We're in Gulf shores right now.
                      Just finished week 2 of a 3 week road trip that included going to Orlando. Making our way back home next week and will probably stop in Lake Charles again as it is close to half way for us going to Round Rock. These stops in Lake Charles and Lafayette would be easy trips from Houston.

Comment

Dinosaur Valley in Glen Rose is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                          Good to read, that is our first stop on this summers trip.

You've got to book early for the most part. I want to say they system has a 3 month window in advance before the date will open up for booking.

Used to be you could book for cheap.
                          I guess the system got tired of too many people hogging the booking dates then cancelling later. Now you pay up front- which I would think cuts down on the people bogarting the spots.

One thing is for sure, Texas has a lot of state parks.
                          We intend to hit most of them at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                            If you would consider out of state check out:
                            Cajun Palms in Lafayette, La
                            Red Shoes RV Park outside of Lake Charles, La
                            Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Al

We're in Gulf shores right now.
                            Just finished week 2 of a 3 week road trip that included going to Orlando. Making our way back home next week and will probably stop in Lake Charles again as it is close to half way for us going to Round Rock. These stops in Lake Charles and Lafayette would be easy trips from Houston.
                            Be sure to eat at Steamboat Bill's!

Comment

[QUOTE=bowhunterhelm;14967745]So far my favorite places have been Big Bend National Park and Gulf Waters RV resort in Port A. We’ve only been doing it for about a year but love it.

I agree on both! I really enjoy Big Bend.. We stay at the Maverick Ranch RV park in Lajitas.

Stayed in Rockport last month at Copano Bay RV park for a week. It was good except for wifi services. Usually don't mind but it rained hard (7") for 2 days and spent a lot of time in the trailer with horrible service, for what we paid for.
                              Attached Files
                              Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                                Most of the spots seemed to be shaded in the cedar trees. The horseflies were relentless last year about this time and the water was bathtub warm.

Ill add Mother Neff.

Dont forget lil ole Granger Lake. Or Lake Georgetown.

Comment

Working...
                                X