No announcement yet.

Home appliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to Loews, if you are a Vet and save 10% on all. They have a wide choice of appliances.

Comment

Thermadore gas range and Kitchenaid/Whirlpool for everything else.

Have no experience with Bosch but have been intrigued by them for years. May go out on a limb and try it next time.

Comment

Good advice on brands in this thread, especially one to stay away from. Time your purchase to a holiday sale. The Lowes 4th of July sale is really good. Labor Day will be the next major.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          My appliance repair guy says avoid Samsung---all their manuals are written in "chinglish" and the parts have a long ship time.
          I agree, we’ve had our washer worked on numerous times and I have replaced the heating element in the dryer twice. SAMSUNG refrigerator only lasted 7-8 years.

Comment

We went with Kitchenaid on our new build.
            Basically same ones we had in the old house.
            Went to sears appliances center and got a discount on entire purchase along with free delivery and interest free loan.
            I put in a water softener that I expect to help with appliances and hot water heater
            It did in the old house

BP
            Last edited by Big pig; 07-05-2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

GE for all appliances. Had them at my last house and at this one. Light switch for the fridge door went out is the only issue I’ve had.

Comment

We have been happy with our Whirlpool washer/dryer, double oven, and dishwasher for 8 years now. No issues.

Comment

Lots of good advice already, but when we remodeled the kitchen a few years ago, we went with JennAir appliances and have been very happy with them.

Comment

Most places are waiting for orders to come in. Been wanting a Samsung refrigerator with smart hub and none available until end of july at earliest.

Comment

My sears appliance store closed. I was looking for a freezer

Comment

My house is being finished up now and I found out that there are some long wait times for appliances. If you figure out what you want you had better get them ordered now, because a lot of stuff was going to take 6 to 8 weeks to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have GE appliances that are just over 3 years old. So far the microwave circuit board went out, the dishwasher recently stopped working, and now the fridge icemaker just stopped working. Haven’t looked into the dishwasher or icemaker yet, been busy. I think I’d try a different brand next time. The microwave was fixed under warranty but I’m not sure if the warranty is still active

Comment

Samsung refrigerator ice makers are TRASH! Run don’t walk away from them. Have replaced mine 3 times and am done.

Comment

We have all KitchenAid stuff. Fridge gets cold, stove gets hot, dishwasher washes dishes but it does take a long time. Other than that, fine I guess. The “replace filter” light came on in the fridge a few months ago. It just stays on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We went with all Wolf/SubZero appliances. My wife complained about the refrigerator magnets weren’t sticking to the fridge. I told her that’s what a high grade stainless does lol. I think most appliances are stainless looking and not actually high alloy stainless. The coffee center and steam oven are simply amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X