Travel through Louisiana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel through Louisiana?

My daughter is wanting to drive from North Carolina to Texas in a few days to come see us for a week or so. I've seen conflicting things about travel through Louisiana to Texas. Will she have problems with checkpoints etc trying to drive here? I still can't believe I have to even ask this question.

No issues getting here, but because she is passing threw la, she might have to quarantine for 14 days

Comment

Zero issues but she will be required to stay with you for 14 days. Supposedly Abbott has the troopers gathering this info and an officer will come to your home to do a random check. I cant tell you if it is working like that or not.

Comment

Were doing the opposite - TX to NC.

Comment

Prayers up for a safe trip for your daughter. I can’t believe you are having to ask this question either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            My daughter is wanting to drive from North Carolina to Texas in a few days to come see us for a week or so. I've seen conflicting things about travel through Louisiana to Texas. Will she have problems with checkpoints etc trying to drive here? I still can't believe I have to even ask this question.
            Mind boggling.

She could cut across Arkansas to gain entry in North East Texas. Bypassing Louisiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              Mind boggling.

She could cut across Arkansas to gain entry in North East Texas. Bypassing Louisiana.
              This is worth considering, not sure how far out of the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                This is worth considering, not sure how far out of the way it is.
                really not that much coming from NC, we've been monitoring it since we're working in Georgia and don't know if they're gonna honor our essential letters the companies gave us.

Comment

Same question for me, my daughter is driving back to her home in Georgia.

Comment

don't cross state lines on a major highway. They don't have the manpower to man roadblocks on every road and do follow up checks.

Comment

Yep, taking a northern route from NC should not be a big issue. Unless you guys are down in the valley.
                      Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
                      Same question for me, my daughter is driving back to her home in Georgia.
                      Leaving TExas to geaux home is not an issue.

Comment

Shouldn’t have any problems.

Comment

Not sure this is a good time to be traveling half way across the country to "just visit"!!!

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                          don't cross state lines on a major highway. They don't have the manpower to man roadblocks on every road and do follow up checks.
                          But, if they must, assuming they will be coming down I-20, get to Shreveport, then drop down to Logansport, take the FM road outside of Logansport that will take you towards Deadwood. It's FM 31 on Texas side. Pretty sure they could get thru that way!!!

Comment

Flying would be cheaper Lol. Yes they have manned checkpoints even on the small FM roads. For sure try to come Ark or Ok

Comment

I will just have her take a more northern route and cut through Arkansas. Thanks for the replies. This stuff is twilight zone material.

Comment

Working...
                              X