Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carters Lake, Georgia.......Anyone Ever Fished Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carters Lake, Georgia.......Anyone Ever Fished Here?

We will be in Georgia with the kids for Spring Break and I'm looking to find a guide on Carters Lake, or any other lake in that area. Surely many of you have fished around there before???

Chance, Let me ask some of the guys that work with me out in Atlanta about any guides that they may know.

Comment

catchingnotfishing.com

Lake Lanier

Comment

Originally posted by roberts View Post
        Chance, Let me ask some of the guys that work with me out in Atlanta about any guides that they may know.
        Thanks a LOT! I'd really appreciate it.

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
        catchingnotfishing.com

Lake Lanier
        I'll check them out. Thanks!

Comment

Lake Lanier is only about an hour from where we are staying (Ellijay) so that is definitely in range. We would REALLY like to catch some walleye since we don't have those around here.

Comment

Chance,

So far, everyone I have heard from is saying Backwoods Fishing Guide is the one to go with. Here are some others to look at as well.

Carters Lake Guide Service
            Lake and Stream Guide Service
            Backwoods Fishing
            Carters Lake Fishing Service

I am still waiting to hear back from someone that lives about 20 minutes away from that lake, and he knows some guys that fish that lake a lot. Waiting for his response.

I also sent you a PM..
            Last edited by roberts; 02-20-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

This is my former CPA. He sold the practice(to my current CPA) about 15 years ago and started guiding full time.

I can't vouch for his ability as I've never went out with him(I ain't into freshwater fishing that much), but he is a straight shooter and a heck of a nice guy.

You might want to check in here as well: https://forum.gon.com/forums/freshwater-fishing.7/

Comment

Originally posted by roberts View Post
                Chance,

So far, everyone I have heard from is saying Backwoods Fishing Guide is the one to go with. Here are some others to look at as well.

Carters Lake Guide Service
                Lake and Stream Guide Service
                Backwoods Fishing
                Carters Lake Fishing Service

I am still waiting to hear back from someone that lives about 20 minutes away from that lake, and he knows some guys that fish that lake a lot. Waiting for his response.

I also sent you a PM..
                Thanks man. I’ve seen all those names online. PLEASE let me know as soon as you hear back from your buddy. I gotta get something lined up ASAP.

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                This is my former CPA. He sold the practice(to my current CPA) about 15 years ago and started guiding full time.

I can't vouch for his ability as I've never went out with him(I ain't into freshwater fishing that much), but he is a straight shooter and a heck of a nice guy.

You might want to check in here as well: https://forum.gon.com/forums/freshwater-fishing.7/
                I’ll for sure check into these. Thanks!

Comment

Just in case anyone else is looking for this information, I will post it here. Here are two other places to check on.

Call Barts Bait and Tackle - they have a lot of guides that list their business with them.
                  8126 Highway 136 W
                  Talking Rock, Georgia 30175

Phone (706) 253-2248

North Georgia Outfitters
                  City: Dawsonville
                  Home State: Georgia
                  Phone: 7062650020
                  Phone 2: 6784149317

Comment

Carters lake is flooded at the moment. We have been getting a lot of rain in the last 3 months in Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      Carters lake is flooded at the moment. We have been getting a lot of rain in the last 3 months in Georgia.

https://youtu.be/QSM1tS7h1CE
                      That’s what I am hearing. The guide we are going with fishes a handful of lakes up there. We are flexible and will just go wherever he thinks is best on that particular day.

Comment

Working...
                      X