• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
      Any news on what happened?
      I would guess fire, over pressure on a tank, explosion. Just speculating, to get that kind of explosion it would almost have to be a BLEVE. My father in law works for TPC in Deer Park or somewhere over there. I saw TPC explosion at first and thought it was his plant.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I would guess fire, over pressure on a tank, explosion. Just speculating, to get that kind of explosion it would almost have to be a BLEVE. My father in law works for TPC in Deer Park or somewhere over there. I saw TPC explosion at first and thought it was his plant.
        Tank overpressure should never cause an explosion unless the relief system was undersized or malfunctioning.

Comment

I'm willing to bet mechanical failure due to the penny pinching . Caused by upper management trying to save a dollar.. we see it at our plant people not really involved or knowledgeable about the unit get hired and try to buck the guys who have been there since the unit was built. We have a 4 month turnaround coming in January.. its gonna be a **** show with the managers we have now..

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
            Tank overpressure should never cause an explosion unless the relief system was undersized or malfunctioning.
            A BLEVE is a common way that tanks over pressure and explode. Most of the time the relief valves will be lifting but they aren’t designed for that much increase in pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
              A BLEVE is a common way that tanks over pressure and explode. Most of the time the relief valves will be lifting but they aren’t designed for that much increase in pressure.
              If the PRV meets API 521 standard, they are by definition designed to keep the pressure at a safe level. Same goes for any flare system attached to the PRV. Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                It was loud in Mauriceville! It woke me up, shook the house. My son works at Valero, so you know what I was thinking.

Thank GOD it wasn't worse. All accounted for, 3 injured. One pretty bad.
                Legacy what's your sons name?

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                  If the PRV meets API 521 standard, they are by definition designed to keep the pressure at a safe level. Same goes for any flare system attached to the PRV. Look it up.
                  Doesnt mean it will work. The product we make will coat and plug off rupture disks and RV's and has happened in the past. So we change and inspect them regularly.

Comment

Another explosion from the TPC facility. Prayers please guys. Heard the other tanks were smoking a while ago. Not sure but one may have gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Another explosion from the TPC facility. Prayers please guys. Heard the other tanks were smoking a while ago. Not sure but one may have gone up.
                      Popping all over the locals pages now. One said they are pulling workers out as a fairly big explosion just happened.

Comment

It was a tower that exploded. I talked to someone at our pant across the street..

Comment

Yep. I have a video of prob 20’ or more of the stack being launched 100s of ft in the air

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            Yep. I have a video of prob 20’ or more of the stack being launched 100s of ft in the air
                            Just saw that. Looked like a rocket taking off.

Comment

Insane.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X