Any experience with the KS-47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with the KS-47

My buddy has been doing a lot of thermal hunting with this, and he loves it. Any of y’all ever messed with one? Thinking about getting one for my thermal. https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450182.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also....Will my AAC SND-6-762 handle the pressure for this caliber on an 8.5” barrel?

Comment

I love my ks47. I have the pistol 10.5”. I run tulamo through it with a suppressor. Just have to clean it pretty regularly. Shoots real good. I would highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmanranchetx View Post

I love my ks47. I have the pistol 10.5”. I run tulamo through it with a suppressor. Just have to clean it pretty regularly. Shoots real good. I would highly recommend it.

Great info, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
          Great info, thanks!

You bet. I’m assuming your next question is if your can will work? If so depends on the specs with the can and the barrel size you decide to go with.

Comment

The sdn6 will handle the pressure.

Looks like an interesting rifle

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post

It’s the best of both worlds. As soon as they are back in stock, I’m picking one up.

Comment

Never shot one but looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post

Talked to an engineer at AAC yesterday. He said minimum barrel length for 7.62x39 is 14”. That doesn’t sound right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                    Talked to an engineer at AAC yesterday. He said minimum barrel length for 7.62x39 is 14”. That doesn’t sound right to me.

Could be an issue of stabilization

With all that aside, the SDN6 is a bit of a dumpsterfire... I wouldn't buy mine again if I could do it over

From AAC's site-

SILENCER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY AAC will repair or replace free of charge any silencer manufactured by AAC for the duration of this lifetime warranty. This warranty is of unlimited duration, and covers, at Advanced Armament Corp. and its affiliates’ discretion, service, repair, and/or replacement of damaged products caused by normal use.

LIMITATIONS This warranty does not cover damage to the silencer and/or host firearm resulting in whole or in part from criminal, abusive or negligent use, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, defective, improper handloaded or reloaded ammunition, or neglect. Any repairs to the unit made necessary by these factors will be invoiced to the owner. Further, baffle strikes which are not due to a defect in workmanship are not covered by this warranty. Centerfire rifle caliber silencers are not warrantied for use on barrels less than 10” in length on most "intermediate" cartridges with the exceptions: the 762-SDN-6 and 762-SD silencer are warrantied on barrels as short as 7.5” in 300 AAC BLACKOUT. The SR7 is warrantied down to 6" on 300 AAC BLACKOUT barrels. For cartridges such as .308 Win, the minimum barrel length is 14.5" for all .308 silencers other than the Cyclone, which has a minimum of 16" on .308.

DEFINED Negligent or abusive use is defined as utilizing the silencer in a way that is likely to result in premature wear or damage to either the silencer or the host firearm. Further, the warranty does not cover prohibited usage as described in our various owners’ manuals. This expressed limited lifetime warranty is the only warranty on this product. This product is sold “as is” and has no implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. There are not warranties which exceed beyond the description put forth hereto. If your silencer is not covered under this warranty, you may have the silencer replaced for half the most current retail price- subject to any and all transfer fees required by the BATFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      Could be an issue of stabilization

With all that aside, the SDN6 is a bit of a dumpsterfire... I wouldn't buy mine again if I could do it over

From AAC's site-

SILENCER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY AAC will repair or replace free of charge any silencer manufactured by AAC for the duration of this lifetime warranty. This warranty is of unlimited duration, and covers, at Advanced Armament Corp. and its affiliates’ discretion, service, repair, and/or replacement of damaged products caused by normal use.

LIMITATIONS This warranty does not cover damage to the silencer and/or host firearm resulting in whole or in part from criminal, abusive or negligent use, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, defective, improper handloaded or reloaded ammunition, or neglect. Any repairs to the unit made necessary by these factors will be invoiced to the owner. Further, baffle strikes which are not due to a defect in workmanship are not covered by this warranty. Centerfire rifle caliber silencers are not warrantied for use on barrels less than 10” in length on most "intermediate" cartridges with the exceptions: the 762-SDN-6 and 762-SD silencer are warrantied on barrels as short as 7.5” in 300 AAC BLACKOUT. The SR7 is warrantied down to 6" on 300 AAC BLACKOUT barrels. For cartridges such as .308 Win, the minimum barrel length is 14.5" for all .308 silencers other than the Cyclone, which has a minimum of 16" on .308.

DEFINED Negligent or abusive use is defined as utilizing the silencer in a way that is likely to result in premature wear or damage to either the silencer or the host firearm. Further, the warranty does not cover prohibited usage as described in our various owners’ manuals. This expressed limited lifetime warranty is the only warranty on this product. This product is sold “as is” and has no implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. There are not warranties which exceed beyond the description put forth hereto. If your silencer is not covered under this warranty, you may have the silencer replaced for half the most current retail price- subject to any and all transfer fees required by the BATFE.

Interesting you are having problems with yours. I have 5 (or maybe 6) of them on various rifles/calibers and I’ve had no issues whatsoever.

What’s going on with yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X