Swift rifle scopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swift rifle scopes?

Any experience with “Swift” brand scopes? I’m looking at one online that’s $200 marked down from $350. Looking to put it on a 300 Wby. Thoughts?

I have a Swift pistol scope i have had for over 20 years it isn’t anything special i keep it on a Ruger Mark2

Comment

comparable to Tasco as Swift scopes are made in China. The Premier line of Swift scopes are made in Korea. Quality, craftsmanship, and glass will be “ok to average”. These scopes tend to use inferior glass which makes a difference during early morning or late evening shooting hours. I would be worried the scope internals and erector system won’t be able to withstand the recoil from a 300 Wthby

If shopping based on price, I’d look into the more affordable Leupold Freedom line of scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        comparable to Tasco as Swift scopes are made in China. The Premier line of Swift scopes are made in Korea. Quality, craftsmanship, and glass will be “ok to average”. These scopes tend to use inferior glass which makes a difference during early morning or late evening shooting hours. I would be worried the scope internals and erector system won’t be able to withstand the recoil from a 300 Wthby

If shopping based on price, I’d look into the more affordable Leupold Freedom line of scopes.
        This pretty well sums it up. I've had a couple. In that price range look at the comparable priced Leupold or Vortex.

Comment

My wife has one on her Ruger 22-250. It came as a package that she won at some raffle. It's an Ok scope. Nothing special. I'd say Blake is spot on with comparing it to Tasco.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            Any experience with “Swift” brand scopes? I’m looking at one online that’s $200 marked down from $350. Looking to put it on a 300 Wby. Thoughts?
            my friend has put on a remington Swift 4-12x50. He says it's good.

Comment

Have a buddy that has one. It's served him well for what he does. No way would I pay $350 for one and at $200 I'd pass as well.

Comment

Just buy a Burris new or used.

Comment

For $200ish I’d go Leupold Freedom line

Comment

I have a couple of their 2x handgun scopes on a 357 Max and 44 mag, not great but on about 15 years the caps have not been removed and are still on target. Not saying they are that great but those have never had a problem like I have had with some other brands.

Comment

Working...
                    X