No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big bucks still hitting feeders in my little area of Trinity County, just all hours of the night. From 10 min after legal light to 10 minutes prior to legal light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I smoked a doe this morning, couldn't help myself. San Jacinto County outside Oakhurst.

I too have found a couple new scrapes. Been hammering the pigs because they have th taken over the feeders.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201012_082044.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	24633380Click image for larger version

Name:	20201010_182857.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	24633381

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
        I smoked a doe this morning, couldn't help myself. San Jacinto County outside Oakhurst.

I too have found a couple new scrapes. Been hammering the pigs because they have th taken over the feeders.[ATTACH]1022967[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1022968[/ATTACH]

What kinda broadhead you using? Looks like it’s leaving a good blood trail!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          What kinda broadhead you using? Looks like it’s leaving a good blood trail!

Those are holes from Rage Trypans. I tried them when they first came out and I haven't used another head since. They are just nasty and fly like darts man.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            LOL Yes we do. It's still amazing to see the variance in activity though, even within the same counties.
            SE Texas has a combination of coastal white tails, east Texas whitetail, and a bunch of introduced whitetail from S. Texas.

All of these have different breeding cycles.

Comment

Comment

So is the rut that will happen like every year gun opener be the second rut? And the december follow up be the third?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  I had a small six point that I almost ran over yesterday on 146 at about 2PM in the afternoon. Guess why he almost got ran over.

Young dumb deer chase does year round almost

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    Early rut guys... calm down. Its not “on” until they start running into cars on 287. Yesterdays card pulls showed multiple older bucks under feeders at same time in Polk County. One has to believe that this will end very soon....they looked grumpy at each other.
                    I had a small six point that I almost ran over yesterday on 146 at about 2PM in the afternoon. Guess why he almost got ran over.

There were 4 other dead deer on the shoulder of the road in the same 30 mile stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

There were 4 other dead deer on the shoulder of the road in the same 30 mile stretch.
                      Then by that account it’s on. Someone better tell the bachelor group that was hanging out under my feeder together all last week! And I have to caveat...i did not see them together this weekend, so their party may already be over. Here is a tip - hunt as often as possible between now and rifle season!

Comment

Those are holes from Rage Trypans. I tried them when they first came out and I haven't used another head since. They are just nasty and fly like darts man.

I got a deer with the hypodermics last year and I was so impressed I bought the trypans. Hoping they work like yours!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                          I got a deer with the hypodermics last year and I was so impressed I bought the trypans. Hoping they work like yours!

They will bud....rest assured. I killed 3 good sized hogs with one head. And the head that I stuck the doe with was a brand new one...its still razor sharp and perfect shape after penetrating both sides of ribs. I put a new collar on it and it's ready for Comstock lease this weekend.

Comment

They will bud....rest assured. I killed 3 good sized hogs with one head. And the head that I stuck the doe with was a brand new one...its still razor sharp and perfect shape after penetrating both sides of ribs. I put a new collar on it and it's ready for Comstock lease this weekend.

There ya go. I got mine at cabelas and felt they were a little dull for factory so I sharpened them up. Hoping to use one this weekend

Comment

I’ll be out all weekend in Marion county. Seems bucks have left my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                                Then by that account it’s on. Someone better tell the bachelor group that was hanging out under my feeder together all last week! And I have to caveat...i did not see them together this weekend, so their party may already be over. Here is a tip - hunt as often as possible between now and rifle season!
                                Or, it could be deer rut at different time in different areas of East Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X