Bring your wasp spray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring your wasp spray!

At least in our part of the state. The wasp went from 0-100 mph in 3-4 days this week.
    I tore off and replaced a couple of bow blinds roofs last Saturday and only encountered 3-4 yellow jackets. We didn't have any around camp either. Two others went hunting Wednesday and Thursday and said there were hundreds of them in the blinds and more around camp. I guess there is a weather change coming soon.

They keep getting into one of my feeder battery compartments. Pulling that cover off to have a bunch of wasps in your face will wake you up.

Comment

Get some of the Hot Shot No-Pest strips and hang them in your stands or feeders it will keep wasps and pretty much all other bugs out. If the stands are open, they're not as effective, but still will minimize their presence. Those yellow strip'd criters are NOT Yellow Jackets. They are wasps (a subspecies of paper wasp). Yellow Jackets are smaller bee-shaped vermin of a similar color pattern and they build hives usually underground or in old hollow logs and brush and such... They go underground for the winter. Wasps are getting inside our stands and feeders to "hibernate" or just get out of the colder temperatures...

Comment

Yep, wasps are showing up everywhere this time of year and all have bad attitudes. Read somewhere one theory for this was their food supply of bugs, spiders, etc. was dying out at the end of summer, and wasps become more active and competitive to locate/kill decreasing number of dinner choices. We humans then cross paths with tired, hungry insects with stingers and it becomes Benadryl time.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Get some of the Hot Shot No-Pest strips and hang them in your stands or feeders it will keep wasps and pretty much all other bugs out. If the stands are open, they're not as effective, but still will minimize their presence. Those yellow strip'd criters are NOT Yellow Jackets. They are wasps (a subspecies of paper wasp). Yellow Jackets are smaller bee-shaped vermin of a similar color pattern and they build hives usually underground or in old hollow logs and brush and such... They go underground for the winter. Wasps are getting inside our stands and feeders to "hibernate" or just get out of the colder temperatures...
          THIS! Been using them for years with great success!

Comment

Insecticide cattle ear tags. Hand them mid, late summer and replace once a year.

Thank me later.

Comment

Working...
            X