Huisache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huisache

Could the only positive thing that comes from the cold spell is that it killed some of the Huisache in Texas? I've noticed the trees are not blooming what does the green screen think is going on, late bloom?

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
    Could the only positive thing that comes from the cold spell is that it killed some of the Huisache in Texas? I've noticed the trees are not blooming what does the green screen think is going on, late bloom?
    Landscapers are telling me they died on the properties that I work on (San Antonio). Thank God.

Comment

I doubt that they're actually dead. I'm convinced that the last two living things on earth will be cockroaches and huisache.

Comment

What’s the problem with them? Good nilgai forage on my lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post

They can take over range land in short order and are next to impossible to get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
            well the only exception has chimed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              well the only exception has chimed in.

His lease..[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I bet the landowner doesn’t feel the same. I hope everyone of them froze on our lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                They can take over range land in short order and are next to impossible to get rid of.

Wasn’t aware of that, will start watching for that now.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  This. Thorns immediately pierce leather gloves !

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
                    Took notice yesterday of how bad the huisatche looked compared to all the other brush. It’s brown and slick with no new growth as of yet. We can only hope the cold killed it, keeping my fingers crossed.

Trust me on this, if you are a land owner you don’t want it. Some shade is about the only good I can think it provides. The bad outweighs the good.

Comment

It could have but I would just assume that it is just knocked back for a later bloom or not bloom at all this year. Mesquites have started to bud and even some heavily damaged prickly pear is starting to stand up. If the huisache had already started blooming it may just not bloom this year.

Comment

I noticed the same thing on our place last weekend, broke a few twigs open, still some green inside. Doubt they’re dead. Even if they are there are still seeds in the ground.

Comment

Hate the stuff myself, with a passion!!

Comment

Whats the most obvious difference between these and mesquite. Images look very similar.

Comment

The best slab of ribs I've ever smoked was over an open pile of Huisache chips/chunks. I've been trying to match it ever since and just can't quite get there.

Comment

Working...
                              X