Help with used boat value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canny View Post
    Any predictions or evidence if this trend is going to stay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boat sales are at an all time high. Manufacturers can't build them fast enough. Prices will stay inflated until dealers have to much inventory collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Boat sales are at an all time high. Manufacturers can't build them fast enough. Prices will stay inflated until dealers have to much inventory collecting dust.
      No doubt, just spoke to a dealer I know and they are anticipating it to go for another year or 2 just because the new boat market is so low due to supply not meeting demand. This will cause a continued run on the used boat side of things.

Comment

So how much would my 2008 war eagle 860 DSV with 115 Nissan tldi be worth? Super low hours and super clean. Might be time to make alittle money and buy a kayak! Lol

Comment

Any predictions or evidence if this trend is going to stay?

I'm wondering, assuming we actually get back to normal at some point, if the used boat market will be flooded in a few years with all these boats that are sitting in driveways rotting away. IMO people who really would use boats already owned them, people who ran out and bought one due to a pandemic probably did so for other reasons and won't get much use out of them. With this I was actually thinking of listing my Boatright for some ridiculously stupid high number and if somebody buys it pocket the cash and pay guides for a few years until the scenario plays out.

Originally posted by cwill View Post
          So how much would my 2008 war eagle 860 DSV with 115 Nissan tldi be worth? Super low hours and super clean. Might be time to make alittle money and buy a kayak! Lol
          $55k easy!

Comment

I just bought a used Pathfinder and I told the dealer that he had some nice boats on the lot. He said everyone of them was already sold. He said the boats over 10 years old stick around a little longer because they are hard to get financed.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              I'm wondering, assuming we actually get back to normal at some point, if the used boat market will be flooded in a few years with all these boats that are sitting in driveways rotting away. IMO people who really would use boats already owned them, people who ran out and bought one due to a pandemic probably did so for other reasons and won't get much use out of them. With this I was actually thinking of listing my Boatright for some ridiculously stupid high number and if somebody buys it pocket the cash and pay guides for a few years until the scenario plays out.

$55k easy!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post

$55k easy!
                10% more than you paid for it. Thats the cash offer I got on my 2007, I do have some nice electronics on though but still crazy.

Comment

Yeah the market is crazy, new aluminum 20’ center consoles going for 40k out the door with pretty basic rigging.

How do you like the boat?

Love the boat. A lot of guides run them in Louisiana and have great luck with them. Does really well in rough water and had a great layout.

Comment

No doubt, just spoke to a dealer I know and they are anticipating it to go for another year or 2 just because the new boat market is so low due to supply not meeting demand. This will cause a continued run on the used boat side of things.
                    To be fair, new boat prices are way up too. My boat new, completely rigged out, is 90k (I built one out online) plus taxes. I respectfully disagree that a 10 year old boat isn’t worth X. Again, mine has less than 100hrs and runs like a brand new boat. It’s all about how it’s been taken care of. Has the motor been flushed after salt use, has the boat and trailer been washed after each use? Good luck with your search.

Comment

Very low hours on that motor. It’s barely broke in. That’s worth something.

Comment

I’ll ask, how do You plan on using it? Far from a flats boat and most most likely too nice to be banging off of stumps in lake/river. I don’t believe that a boat that age should be bringing that kind of money but I’m sure someone will pay it. I believe NADA values will be higher than they should because banks are financing these some used and new boats for 10,12,15years...it’s a huge money maker for them.

Comment

I paid 12500.00 for my 03 Predator 22.5 shallow water boat in 07, re powered in in 2016 with 150 HO Etech. Took it to dealer for service had a guy offer 16k for it. They have no used used shallow water boats for sale and are backed up for 6 months on new ones

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                            To be fair, new boat prices are way up too. My boat new, completely rigged out, is 90k (I built one out online) plus taxes. I respectfully disagree that a 10 year old boat isn’t worth X. Again, mine has less than 100hrs and runs like a brand new boat. It’s all about how it’s been taken care of. Has the motor been flushed after salt use, has the boat and trailer been washed after each use? Good luck with your search.

From what I have obtained from the seller he has been meticulous about its maintenance and yes it’s been in salt, but never stored there. Always washed and flushed after every use.

I did run across a 2012 Triton 220 lts with a 2018 Zuk 200 with 80hrs. It’s rigged the same as the NS but with newer equipment, and it’s priced lower than the NS. Going to check it out tomorrow and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                              My 20 on order loaded to the gills is 65k.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                My 20 on order loaded to the gills is 65k.
                                20 ft NS boat your saying? If so, that’s about right. I was talking about a 24’ rigged out was 90k. That’s every option you can have.

Comment

Working...
                                X