No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a couple boats with raised consoles and will not have another. You gain very little on what you can see vs standing on the deck. You do gain lots of storage. You also lose fishing space. I don't like how much room it takes up in the boat. It's harder to fish around. And you'll get a good workout climbing up and down, up and down all day long.

It's very much a personal choice and it may be just perfect for you. I tend to go a lot more minimal on the crap I carry with me. I don't need to carry a Jr Academy/Bass Pro tackle selection with me. I like my boats to be more open, less in the way of casting, easier to get around and I carry less with me and need less storage. I don't like fishing up on the riser and I don't like climbing up and down on and off it all day long.

Lots of people love them. I had two boats with them and really disliked them. I'd say you really need to fish both and get a good feel for it to decide if it is right for how you fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      The crappie should mostly be in 15 foot or so. Brush or trees good luck. On day I need to run over there.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      Bring your azz on! I'll put some Schlitz on ice for ya! You'll feel right at home! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
        You misspelled Skeeter.
        I would never let a brother stoop that low

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of it depends on the size of the boat. A raised console in a 24-25 foot leaves more fishing room than a 21-22 foot. You can see when driving better.

Comment

To me it depends on where you do most of your fishing. When I fish the LLM I really prefer a raised console because you really can see in the shallow water better. Running mid or upper coast I like the lower console just fine.

Comment

I have a raised console on my shoalwater and love it. I spend 80% of my time standing on top of the console fishing from there and do alot of sight fishing. As Glen said alot more storage and where I have my trolling motor batteries charger life jackets ect stored. I mostly sight fishing the flats or out wading.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                I swear had to look at that boat 4 times to figure what the hell was all going on.... I did notice it does at least have a yammer hammer on it!
                This looks like what might be left of the boat that was off the trailer & in the ditch/median on 87 coming from Port Lavaca last year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                    Oh well.

That’s a crappy day right there. At least the Merc didn’t leave him stranded.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      Oh well.

That black anchor on the back pulled it off the trailer

Comment

Something aboot them Shoalwaters they like to go shallow.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I appreciate the feedback fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the one in the median have one of those abandoned vehicle stickers on the windshield?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                              I appreciate the feedback fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Just remember Matt, lifted trucks and raised consoles get you closer to God.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Raised console is only good for falling off of it...

Comment

Working...
                                X